Search Unity

I'm desperate, and need help. Please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fr33quency, Nov 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr33quency

Fr33quency

So, i can't start any Unity-based game on my laptop. I have 2 GPUs, one is discrete, and one is integrated. Both are kinda old, radeon 66xx series, but they seem to support unity.
    Games just doesn't start. Every time when i'm trying to start unity game - RimWorld, Signalis, Golden Light, e.t.c, engine just crushes without any message. I can't analyse dumps on my own, not a specialst. I'm tried everything - changing graphic settings in radeon control panel, reinstalling drivers, changing other settings.
    Nothing helps guys, i'm completely clueless, and need help. I can send you any dump file from any game i have, if that would help.
    Would be glad if someone helps. Please.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

To confirm, you are not a developer? Just someone playing unity games?

If so, contact the devs of those games. Different unity versions and pipelines can change a lot in requirements and they can help a lot better with the crash logs

3. Fr33quency

Fr33quency

I understand it, but I see one thing, all this crashes are the same, problem is in general with engine reaction on my laptop, as I understood, it is some double-GPU problem. I would ask a game devs, but they won’t help me with that, obviously.
    There are no other place where I could seek for help atm. Only here

4. spiney199

spiney199

These forums aren't support forums for people playing games made on Unity; it's for developing projects on Unity. Go to the developers themselves, or proper tech support forums.

DevDunk likes this.
  5. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Responses here are technically correct, this is the wrong place to ask. However, as a Unity dev I'd like to know what's going on in case I have to support this issue myself in future. Have you disabled one of the GPUs? Did games used to run, or is this you first experience with the laptop? Can you download and run Unity? Even without experience, you can follow some guidance to try and solve the problem.

angrypenguin, lmbarns and Noisecrime like this.
  6. Fr33quency

Fr33quency

Well, i don't know other place to ask, and would be glad to see some link. And no, gamedevs won't help, since it is engine's own problem
    So, about GPUs
    I can't disable any of them in any way but physical, old radeon drivers just don't support that. You can only change GPU via priority system, and so, only intergrated, or both discrete+integrated GPUs work, there are no other options. I using this laptop for a lot of time, but i never tried to play unity games. Unity engine on it's own shuts down with same mistakes, as the games.

7. Fr33quency

Fr33quency

can't edit last message, i've meant error, not mistakes

8. DevDunk

DevDunk

You simply won't get support here. If you contact the game devs and it's an actual unity issue they can make a bug report
    Also, you can see the unity minimum requirements for the player online. If you don't meet that there indeed is no hope for that device. In that case it will simply never work.

9. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Have you asked?

I can assure you that as a dev my choices make a significant difference as to what my projects can run on. It's not just "Unity" or "not Unity".

10. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Wrong forum (General is not a place for support). Wrong site... This site is developers, no one here can help you, only developers of the games can. Bug reports require repro details like code and project, since as player you can do none of this, nothing can be done. The developers of the game need to investigate and then fix it or seek further support from Unity through channels like this. If the game is crashing or not working, contact the developer, and if they aren't responding, request a refund through whichever marketplace you got the game from.
    Closed.

Amon, DevDunk, Ryiah and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.