Search Unity

Feature Request Im Begging you Unity Please give us a reroute node...

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by TTFGames, Dec 11, 2022.

1. TTFGames

TTFGames

in Unreal you can make the Blueprints so clean and this would make visual scripts so much better

Creiz likes this.
  2. Creiz

Creiz

Get the Community Addons.

Google Github Visual Scripting Community Addons (I don't know if I can link it here, sometimes forums get iffy about it)

If you See something like "RealityStop/Bolt.Addons.Community" you're in the right place.

Just follow the instructions and you'll get two reroute nodes, one for flows and one for results.

Among many other cool stuff.

3. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Community Addons are not supported anymore and break in the new version of UVS 1.8. You have to fix compile errors if you want to use them going forward. And there's no support from the original devs who've left the community.

Creiz likes this.
  4. Creiz

Creiz

What a goddamn shame. I didn't know that, I apologize. I'm still using the VS in Unity 2021 and it works here.

Well in that case, aye, we're gonna need an official reroute node. But seeing how Unity handles their thing, we're gonna see it maybe in Unity 2030LTS.

5. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Reroute will happen when they migrate the tool to the Graph Tools Foundation UI framework. The recent update mentions 2-3 release cycles, i.e. 2-3 years. Definitely not happening next year, but maybe in 2024.