Search Unity

IL2CPP System.IO Serialport Arduino

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MarkGreenDino, Mar 20, 2019.

1. MarkGreenDino

MarkGreenDino

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project that includes commucation with an Arduino device. This communication uses the System.IO.Ports.SerialPort class to open a port en read the data from the Arduino. The whole project works as should but now I want to convert the project to use the IL2CPP scripting backend instead of the Mono scripting backend.

Unfortunately, I can't get my builds to work with IL2CPP as scripting backend. In the editor all works fine but when I build and run my project I get several "currently not available on il2cpp" errors. Even when I include the entire system.dll and mscorlib.dll assemblies in a link.xml file (not a good idea, I know), the System.IO methods throw exceptions in the build.

When will the System.IO namespaces be supported by IL2CPP? Or is there a possible workaround I can use?
    My build should work on Windows devices only (not an UWP application).

Any help is much appreciated!

2. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

Same problem here. Still searching solution. Mono backend is working well but I2CPP not working for System.IO.Ports.SerialPort

3. MarkGreenDino

MarkGreenDino

I have created a workaround by developing an C++ library that handles the Serial communications and then I reference it as a plugin from Unity. This way it works for both Mono and IL2CPP.

xenoraider likes this.
  4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

We don't have any plans to support this code in IL2CPP soon. I'd recommend using Mono or doing a native code work around, as you mentioned.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. ASIM-SENYUVA

ASIM-SENYUVA

I return to mono :) thanks for update.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. xenoraider

xenoraider

Is it processible that share the c++ library you developed ? Thanks

7. surajjorwekar1

surajjorwekar1

Hey do you mind sharing the library ? or atleast way you did it