Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile IL2CPP Scene loading crashes device

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Jonny-Roy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I can confirm this issue is still present in 5.3 occurs whenever loading a different scene on Android.

Case 724899.

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Jonny Roy

Thanks for submitting this bug report. It looks like our QA team has reproduced it, and our Android team is investigating it. I would expect them to update you on its status via the bug report.

Jonny-Roy likes this.
  3. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Thanks Josh, just wanted to highlight it was still an issue in the new beta in case anyone came across it, they know it's been reported :D

4. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi Josh,

Do you know if a fix for this is expected before release, it's been open for 7 months now and kind of renders IL2CPP testing impossible, as I'm mainly working in Android, I've not really been able to be of much use in the betas since 5.2 because of this issue.

Thanks,

Jon

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Jonny Roy

It looks like we don't yet have a fix for this bug. Sorry about the lack of communication here. The bug seems to only occur on certain devices. For example, we could not reproduce it on these devices:

Google Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Sony Xperia U

However, we could reproduce it on this device:

Samsung Galaxy S3 mini

So it may be timing related or intermittent in general. I wonder if you can have success with a different device to at least allow you to move forward with testing.

6. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I have 4 android devices:

Nexus 7
    Samsung Edge S6
    Astro Cyclone
    Htc desire

It crashes on all 4.

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

@Jonny Roy

Thanks for the information, I'll add this to the bug report. I'll also see if our Android team can have another look at this, as it seems to occur more frequently than we originally though.

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

What version you using of Unity 5.3?

9. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

It happens in all versions since IL2CPP was introduced unfortunately...

10. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Ah okay, then will definitely not be using IL2CPP, the Android customers are not a happy bunch and any crash will result in 1 star rating this really damaging reputation. One cannot take the risk, or this is reviewed as top priority bug.