Search Unity

IL2CPP random crashes on Windows Standalone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by emadkh, Jun 8, 2019.

1. emadkh

emadkh

I've got a few random crashes that happen in IL2CPP build. I used the PDB file and the crash dump to get more information about crashes more specifically Call Stack. Here is the call stack for one of the crashes
    CallStack.PNG

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Update to the latest stable Unity release. If the crash persists and you're able to reproduce it, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

3. emadkh

emadkh

Thanks, I will! Just to be noted, this is a crash in the UnityPlayer not in the Editor.

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Just a hunch here, but can you try to build this project with the Strip Engine Code option unchecked? This crash does not look like it is specific to IL2CPP, since it happens in the Unity Engine native code. However, enabling IL2CPP enables Strip Engine Code by default, and engine code stripping can cause issues like this.'

If you find that disabling the Strip Engine Code option does correct this, and the problem persists in the latest Unity version, please submit a bug report.

5. emadkh

emadkh

Thanks @JoshPeterson , In the PlayerSettings which the Scripting back-end has been set to IL2CPP, I can see there's an option called Managed Stripping Level, it can be set to Low, Medium or High. Apparently Disabled is not an option.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Sorry, the Strip Engine Code option is not available on Windows standalone player builds, I incorrectly thought that it was.

I'd recommend submitting a bug report for this issue then.

Playcorp likes this.
  7. tahir-ul-nasir

tahir-ul-nasir

Delete "Package" folder from your project there is a preview package note supported by IL2CPP