Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

IL2CPP LNK2001 Errors

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by RPowers, Oct 31, 2018.

1. RPowers

RPowers

Hi. I'm having a really hard time figuring out why I get errors when building using IL2CPP as the scripting backend. There are a bunch of LNK2001: unresolved external symbol errors. I searched my entire solution for the external symbols causing the error, such as "SetRoomDistancesIOS", but they don't appear to be anywhere in my solution so I'm stumped.

I also noticed all of those error symbols end in "IOS" and I'm doing nothing with mobile. I'm building for windows. Using Unity 2018.2.1f1, Visual Studio 2017 with all c++ add ons installed.

I've posted my errors below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

upload_2018-10-31_9-38-24.png

2. RPowers

RPowers

Here is the only place I can find that may be causing the error. Although the names don't match up with the error there are coincidentally 8 internal extern properties here, and these are the only internal extern properties in my solution. Is there anything that pops out as incorrect here?

Also I built a nearly blank project with il2cpp and it worked fine so it doesn't look like I'm missing anything.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  3. peeka

peeka

I am getting the same error after adding a few asset from asset store, have to try remove them one by one and see which one caused it