Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

IL2CPP Issue: PlatformInvoke::MarshalDelegate

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by LightStriker, May 17, 2018.

1. LightStriker

LightStriker

We have to port 2 games to the Nintendo Switch.

On one of them, we trigger this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         IL2CPP_ASSERT(d->method->methodDefinition);
    In the PlatformInvoke.cpp, method MarshalDelegate.

We don't have a callstack or anything. Anybody has an idea on how to fix that?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure why this would happen. It is related to marshaling of a managed function to a native function pointer, but this case should never occur. If the problem is reproducible, can you submit a bug report with this project?

3. LightStriker

LightStriker

We found out it was while passing a callback delegate to FMOD.
    We managed to make the callback work, somehow, no idea how. But it crashes right after with an even less useful message:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unhandled Exception Thrown: IL2CPPUnhandledException
    We commented just that callback out and everything works fine. (Except with no audio from FMOD). And the only thing that happens is the callback returns a FMOD_RESULT.OK.

Right now, we have totally no idea how to fix it, but we will maybe send that to the FMOD people. :(

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you provide details about the function signature of the manged callback, and information about how the native method calls it? I suspect something is not correct with the p/invoke marshaling.

Also, I'm not too familiar with Switch, but is it possible to get a native call stack when an exception occurs? If so, that would probably help determine the cause of this issue.