Search Unity

1. How can our website serve you better? Give us your feedback. Take our survey and let us know.
    Dismiss Notice

IL2CPP incremental build for iOS when building from Windows

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by matmuze, Aug 10, 2016.

1. matmuze

matmuze

Hello,

I am writing an iOS app and I am using an OS X virtual machine on Windows to compile the XCode projects files generated from Windows.

So far so good, my setup works lovely, however I cannot benefit from incremental build when compiling the C++ files with XCode when the Unity project was previously build from Windows.

As a result, each minor change requires a full recompilation of the XCode proejct which is a bit lengthy.

See incremental IL2CPP feature described here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/incremental-builds-for-il2cpp.365470/

Incremental build is a nice feature which allows you to reuse data from previous builds and to speed up the deployment.

However, on windows, when deploying the project, I do not get prompted the "append" option like on OS X, instead I only see one popup which says.

"WARNING: all files and folders located in target folder will be deleted by build process."

Is there a work-around to get this feature working on Windows too, if not is it in the roadmap ?

!!! Serious post !!! Please do not tell me to simply get a mac as I like this workflow better.

Also the VM is not capable of loading Unity projects and compile them, it can only compile C++ files from XCode and deploy the final app to the device.

Thanks in advance.

2. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately this is known limitation of iOS support on Windows. There's no workaround for that.

unityunity