Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug IL2CPP Game Build Crash

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Deleted User, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

1. What happened

- Running a game built with IL2CPP crashes the game immediately after being run (but after Unity logo being shown).

2. How can we reproduce it using the example you attached

1. Create a Unity project.

2. Assign a render pipelines (URP or HDRP).

3. Set 'Scripting Backend' under 'Other Settings' inside 'Player Settings' to IL2CPP.

4. Go to 'Build Settings' and set 'IL2CPP Code Generation' to 'Faster (smaller) builds'.

5. Hit 'Build' and then run the game, or hit 'Build And Run' to run it immediately.

Expected Result: Game runs as expected.
    Actual Result: Game crashes immediately after Unity logo is shown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reported this issue in "Unity 2021.2.0b15" and "Unity 2021.2.0b16".

However, when I go to "FogBugz" to track my issue, I cannot find my report I wrote, it's just blank. If anyone know what is the issue, please, let me know! Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

2. PutridEx

PutridEx

I faced the same blank issue recently. The bug report process seems to be bugged :D

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh really? The bug report process is bugged, how ironic! Now that I know for sure that I'm not in the dark alone.. haha :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2021