Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

il2cpp freezes during Android build (2020.3.9f1)

Discussion in 'Android' started by adamfiser, May 28, 2021.

1. adamfiser

adamfiser

Hi,
    I'm dealing with freezes during build Unity project (2020.3.9f1) during building il2cpp. It doesn't happens every other time, usually first fresh build is success and the following one hangs.
    It's really annoying, because when I force shutdown unity via task manager, the unityLockFile prevents the project from opening and it cannot be deleted because there are processes using it(unity and il2cpp), but the processes cannot killed (not via task manager, nor cmd or process hacker) and they show up even after restarting computer. The only thing I can do is opening recovery cmd a delete the unity install folder and install Unity again. After every other build. I don't think this ever happened in 2019

Am I the only one who have this kind of issue? Are there any workarounds? Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Adam

Attached Files:

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you use Process Explorer to should the process tree below Unity.exe when this happens?

3. samuelfebrian

samuelfebrian

View attachment 874907

Hi, Josh. I have the same issue. It only happens for the project that currently I am working on. For the fresh or an empty project, the IL2CPP build is always fine. This is the screenshot of the process. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

It looks like there is a clang++ process that has been running for more that 12 minutes in that screen shot. Can you double click on the entry for that process in Process Explorer and get the command line for it? That should tell us what C++ file it is compiling, which might help indicate there the issue is.