Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

IL2CPP for Windows Desktop uses different directory structure if built from sln

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by rz_0lento, Apr 18, 2018.

1. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

2018.2 brought in sln project files for IL2CPP for Windows Desktop, been waiting this since first public 2018.1 beta so happy to see it finally being out here, thank you.

I did notice however that it picks up the project folder name for the build name and _Data -folders prefix instead or the target folders name - like it would do if you build it through Unity without creating the solution file. I think custom built GameAssembly.dll file is interchangeable with the editor built one regardless, but if you build whole thing you'll end up with wrong directory names unless your project folder and build target folder are named the same.

PS. I'd still love to have option to just name the build name myself in player settings, instead of picking Project Name or folder name for it.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually no, it takes that name from the player settings (it's just that the player setting defaults to project folder name) and it is consistent with how we generate these Visual Studio projects for UWP:

upload_2018-4-18_12-36-43.png

Yeah, it is.

rz_0lento likes this.
  3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Ah, I missed that one, I looked only on platform specific settings somehow. But same thing still applies (besides where it gets the other name): if you don't create project solution, Unity will use the builds target folder as name for everything, where custom builds use the name you set in player settings.

What would be expected: Regular Unity IL2CPP build (without sln generation) would use the name set in player settings like builds from sln do.