Search Unity

IL2CPP errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by greyhoundgames, Mar 6, 2015.

1. greyhoundgames

greyhoundgames

Not sure if this is the right place to get help with IL2CPP errors when building a project but here goes.
    I recently upgraded to Unity 5 and I need to use IL2CPP for my app which is not an update, and so must be built using this(from what I understand).

Building my app works fine normally, but with IL2CPP enabled, the build produces strange exceptions that don't make sense, and actually sound like runtime exceptions. They also are giving erroneous information about lines of code in files that do not exist.

Here are some specifics:
    IL2CPP error for type 'TrainingCard' in Character.cs:385 Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

So this is a build error, though it sounds like its telling me there is a null pointer exception, and secondly TrianingCard is not mentioned whatsoever in Character.cs on any line number.

I would really appreciate any help as our app cannot be submitted while this situation remains.

2. Anozireth

Anozireth

This sounds like an error occurred in the IL2CPP tool itself. I would submit a bug to Unity with your project.