Search Unity

IL2CPP Error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ZzappSizzler, Jan 29, 2018.

1. ZzappSizzler

ZzappSizzler

For iOS build I'm getting this error:

"IL2CPP error for method 'System.Void System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch::Stop()' in Stopwatch.cs:119
    Additional information: Bad IL range."

Builds for PC and Android work fine.

I've searched the forum and none of the suggestions for IL2CPP errors have worked.

Any help would be appreciated!

Unity 2017.3.0 p1

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This sounds like there is in invalid IL byte code that IL2CPP is reading. IL byte code is the output of the C# compiler. Do you know where this code in Stopwatch.cs is located? Is it in a C# script in the project, or does it come from a .NET assembly that was compiled elsewhere?

3. ZzappSizzler

ZzappSizzler

Thanks Josh,

I've just done an svn update on my home computer which still has 2017.2.0f3 and successfully done an iOS build.

I'm going into work and will dig for the Stopwatch.cs location shortly. I will also try the latest 2018 Beta.

4. ZzappSizzler

ZzappSizzler

2017.2.0f3 and 2017.3.0b11 both build iOS successfully.

The IL2CPP problem seems to be with 2017.3.0 p1. Since this was just a patch (using tab key in the inspector puts the focus onto the next field correctly) I will stick with it and do iOS builds in 2017.3.0b11 . That's a minor nuisance but presumably the tab key works correctly in 2018 versions so there's no point in my finding what's whats wrong in this patch.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018