Search Unity

il2cpp error on version 2019.2.9f1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Luxgil, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Luxgil

Luxgil

Hello everyone,

I manually downloaded and manually updated the unity version to 2019.2.9f1 and since then I get the error: "Failed to load il2cpp" when I start the same steam game.
    The game I'm mentioning is: ShellShock Live 2

The reason for this manual changes are the partial hangups that I had in this game.
    So, I also don't know if it possible to permanently changes Unity files in Steam games and make them work.
    But I try, as it gets more and more frustrating.
    So, if anyone could assist me, would be awesome :)

Any help would be nice, so thanks in advance to everyone :)

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Are you trying to modify a game without rebuilding it? Did you make this game?

3. Luxgil

Luxgil

I would like to rebuild it, but I am trying to find all Unity files it uses and then replace them, with the newest Unity version I've downloaded which is 2019.2.9f1
    The game is from "kChamp Games".

But unfortunately, I opened a thread on their forum 3 months ago and I also contacted them via Contact form but they think that it's necessary to answer.
    That's why I am doing this.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

So do you have a full Unity project or just the built game? I'm still not sure what you're trying to do.

5. Luxgil

Luxgil

I am trying to replace the old Unity version 2017.4.30 that this game uses with the newest version 2019.2.9f1, as the 2017 version creates partial hangups at random times in this game.
    And as the developer team does not even answer, neither in forum nor via contact form, I decided to try to manually update the Unity version.

I believe that I only have the built game as I am not sure how a full Unity project looks like.

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You cannot do that. In order to update Unity version, you need a full Unity project. Replacing random files won't work.

7. Luxgil

Luxgil

And what about only changing the unityplayer.dll file with the newest one?
    Id I do that, it says: "Failed to load il2cpp"
    So in this case this error isn't fixable then. Correct?

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You cannot change UnityPlayer.dll without rebuilding the project. All the assets must be packaged with the same Unity version as UnityPlayer.dll was made from: otherwise, data files will fail to load.

9. Luxgil

Luxgil

Okay good to know. Although I do have access to a folder with files ending with ".assets" and with ".resS" in it.
    Not sure, if this is what you mean with "All the assets". and if this could help.

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

No, those are built assets. Not source assets.

11. Luxgil

Luxgil

Okay, so I will give up on this approach then...So is there any other way then to fix partial hangups or do I need to accept them, because developers don't care and probably won't change anything about it.

12. Luxgil

Luxgil

Would be nice if there would be another way of fixing these hangups. Is there any something I can do?

13. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's unclear what kind of hang ups you're talking about or even what causes them. These kind of things need to be investigated by game developer first and foremost. We cannot help you here.