Search Unity

IL2CPP Configuration Namespace Issue in XCode

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by FFMatt, Jan 15, 2018.

1. FFMatt

FFMatt

I am converting a project from Unity 5.4.2f2 to 2017.1.3f1, using Jenkins to automate the build on xcode 8.2.1. Since upgrading the project, the xcode build fails with the error "no member named 'Configuration' in namespace 'il2cpp::icalls::System'" in the file "Bulk_System.Configuration_0.cpp"

On opening the file in the xcode project directly, it shows the error in the function "InternalConfigurationHost_get_bundled_app_config_m1191888808" and more specifically the line

return ((InternalConfigurationHost_get_bundled_app_config_m1191888808_ftn)System::Configuration::System::Configuration::InternalConfigurationHost::get_bundled_app_config) ();

There, the error is described as "No member named 'Configuration in namespace il2cpp::icalls::System"

For reference, I'm building via command line in batch mode using the -executeMethod paramter, which contains a function to set up the following build settings (and then build):

Scripting back-end: IL2CPP
    Architecture: Universal
    API Compatibility Level: .Net 2.0
    Target Device - iPhoneAndiPad
    Stripping Level: StripByteCode
    Strip Engine Code: true
    Target/TargetGroup: iOS

Does anyone know whether this could be due to an error on my part in configuring the Unity project and/or xcode settings, and if so what I can do to workaround or fix it? Or is there an inherent issue with the use of the namespaces there?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. FFMatt

FFMatt

The issue still occurs after upgrading to 2017.3.0p2

3. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you submit a bug report for this issue? IL2CPP should never generate C++ code that does not compile.

4. FFMatt

FFMatt

Ok thanks, will do. Due to that scale/structure of the project, its not going to be feasible for me to attach it to the report. Is that ok?

unity_r0VVIJ_I8okg4w likes this.
  5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

It might be enough to attach the generated Xcode project. Ideally, we would like to have the Unity project though. Let's give it a try with whatever information you can provide, and we'll try to work out the cause.

6. FFMatt

FFMatt

I have submitted a bug report under 988803 with the Unity project attached

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks, we will investigate this issue!

8. FFMatt

FFMatt

If anyone has this issue, I received an explanation from support - It was due to System.Configuration.dll being included directly within the Unity project, which is unsupported. I removed it, and added the reference "-r:System.Configuration.dll" inside an otherwise empty mcs.rsp file in the project root folder. This resolved the issue.

JoshPeterson likes this.
  9. mohdshoaib

mohdshoaib

no member named 'RtFieldInfo' in namespace 'il2cpp::icalls::mscorlib::System::Reflection'

dev environments:
    unity 2018.3.2f1
    Xcode 10.1

10. Fillmore

Fillmore

I also have this issue on 2018.3.8f1

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.05.48 PM.png

11. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This looks like a slightly different issue than the one originally reported in this thread. I do recall seeing this specific error message before, and I thought that it was corrected. Can you submit this project with a bug report so that we can investigate it?

12. verny2verny

verny2verny

For me its
    "No Member named 'MonoEnuminfo' in namespace 'il2cpp::icalls::mscorlib::System' Bulk_mscorlib_6.cpp

13. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This should not be happening. Can you send us a bug report?

14. JackGrayBrain

JackGrayBrain

I was building the same project regularly until last Thursday when there was some sort of outage on the Apple Developer system that some how retracted my certificates. The AD system came back slowly over a few days and now when I build, I have what appear to be the correct certificates, but I get these errors. I have not explicitly changed anything in the project or the tool chain. I may be mistaken about the last time I built this project, but it was fairly recently. Another simpler iOS project builds fine.
    Error1.png Error2.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  15. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This is really odd. I expect this is not related to Apple's signing certificates. Can you send us a bug report?

16. JackGrayBrain

JackGrayBrain

Josh, I am uploading the bug report as I type this. I had reinstalled Unity and Xcode but still get one of the errors, now it is consistently just the one re: 'MonoEnumInfo'. It seems like some libraries in my tool chain are mangled/missaligned/ or broken. I there as way to force a clean install of Unity?

17. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Unity should just install to a directory, so removing the directory should be enough.

18. JackGrayBrain

JackGrayBrain

Hmmm. I did reinstall the same version of Unity and it still failed in the same way. But, after I filed a bug and got notice that bugs in the latest version get highest priority. Is installed the latest Unity and there was no problem. After retesting our apps in the latest Unity (being somewhat timid about Unity updates having gotten some regressions a few years ago) and talking to my team mates about upgrading across the board, I retried the version we had been using and the problem was gone!!!

There must be some things that are preserved between installs, no? For example, if I switch builds, Unity remembers what was open in the prior one and tries to open it in the next one. The problem I and others were seeing seems to have been one of linking to the wrong libraries--so are there any pathways that might be shared or subject to occasional bad updating?

19. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

There is information stored in you local user data which is used between Unity installations. However I don't think anything used for the build toolchain is stored here. If so, that would be a bug on the Unity side.

20. Chandni_11

Chandni_11

Getting Build Error : No member named 'Contexts' in namespace 'il2cpp::icalls::mscorlib::System::Runtime::Remoting' in Xcode10.2 with Unity 2018.3.12f1

21. unity_awgn5YsHmmYE0g

unity_awgn5YsHmmYE0g

I also have the same namespace issue when I tried to install the classes in my Native iOS project.

I am using Xcode10.2 with Unity 2018.3.12f1

Have a look at the attached image for more information.
    Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 12.30.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 12.30.09 PM.png

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  22. leungkachiiiii

leungkachiiiii

I got the exactly same issue with yours

23. jjuarez87

jjuarez87

Do you have any solution for this issue?, a have same issues, I use Xcode 10.2.1 (10E1001) and the last version about unity 2019.1.1f1.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 6.33.35 PM.png

24. leungkachiiiii

leungkachiiiii

Hi how can I create a new mcs.rsp file?

25. kiozer001_unity

kiozer001_unity

How I am new in this type of development, you could help me more specifically how you solved the problem, I do not know how to create those references and how to eliminate what you say, greetings !!

26. soorya696

soorya696

27. soorya696

soorya696

Just create an empty file under Assets fonder in your unity project and name it as "mcs.rsp".
    Then paste "-r:System.Configuration.dll" (without quotes).
    Now delete the file "System.Configuration.dll" in your unity project.
    Then rebuild your unity project.

If this solution doesn't work try the above solution.

28. ricsacwhatwapp

ricsacwhatwapp

I'm encountering the same problem with Unity 2019.1.5 (No member named 'MonoEnumInfo' in namespace 'il2cpp::icalls::mscorlib::System').
    Adding "-DNET_4_0" in the OTHER_CFLAGS and "-r:System.Configuration.dll" in mcs.rsp did not work for me (I don't have System.Configuration.dll in my project).
    I'm using scripting Runtime .NET 3.5 and Api Compatibility Level .NET 2.0.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  29. TheXRCompany

TheXRCompany

Strangely Unity wont build after i deleted System.Configuration.dll

30. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

What error message do you see in this case?

31. TheXRCompany

TheXRCompany

updated to Unity 2019 and managed to delete System.Configuration.dll and add in mcs.rsp but
    still has all the "No member named" errors

No member named 'GetAotld' in 'il2cpp::icalls::mscorlib::System::Reflection::FieldInfo:: etc Bulk_mscorlib_9.cpp
    and 10 others.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  32. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

There must still be something grabbing an incorrect .dll file. Does this happen with a build of an empty project?

33. TheXRCompany

TheXRCompany

no, empty project builds fine

34. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Ok, so there is probably a rogue System.Configuration.dll getting into the project from somewhere then. Or maybe there is another managed assembly causing a problem. Are there any other managed assemblies used in the project?

35. TheXRCompany

TheXRCompany

did a complete search , didnt find any more System.Configuration.dll..ughhh

36. TheXRCompany

TheXRCompany

hmm sorry, dont know what are managed assemblies.

37. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

A managed assembly is a .dll file which contains managed code, usually it is the output of a C# compiler.

38. tpathak

tpathak

Hi, are you able to solve this issue? I am also getting same issue while integrating.