Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

IL2CPP build problem

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Nifflas, May 18, 2020.

1. Nifflas

Nifflas

Since I updated to 2020.1.0b8 I've been unable to build using IL2CPP. It worked with earlier versions of the 2020.1 alphas and betas.

This is the error I get. I think I pasted the relevant part (let me know if I should paste the full thing)

Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.1.0b8\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/deploy/netcoreapp3.0/il2cpp.exe --convert-to-cpp --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check --dotnetprofile="unityaot" --compile-cpp --libil2cpp-static --platform="WindowsDesktop" --architecture="x64" --configuration="Release" --outputpath="C:\Nifflas\SVN\Ynglet\trunk\Ynglet\Temp/StagingArea/Data\Native\GameAssembly.dll" --cachedirectory="C:\Nifflas\SVN\Ynglet\trunk\Ynglet\Assets\..\Library/il2cpp_cache" --baselib-directory="C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0b8/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport\Variations\win64_nondevelopment_il2cpp" --avoid-dynamic-library-copy --incremental-g-c-time-slice=3 --profiler-report --map-file-parser="C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.1.0b8/Editor/Data/Tools/MapFileParser/MapFileParser.exe" --directory=C:/Nifflas/SVN/Ynglet/trunk/Ynglet/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed --generatedcppdir=C:/Nifflas/SVN/Ynglet/trunk/Ynglet/Temp/StagingArea/Data/il2cppOutput

stdout:
    Running il2cpp.exe in server GC mode.
    Building GameAssembly.dll with MsvcDesktopToolChain
    Msvc Install Version: 15.0
    Msvc Install SDK Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10
    Msvc Linker Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.25.28610\bin\HostX64\x64\link.exe
    Msvc Compiler Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.25.28610\bin\HostX64\x64\cl.exe

Output directory: C:\Nifflas\SVN\Ynglet\trunk\Ynglet\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native
    Cache directory: C:\Nifflas\SVN\Ynglet\trunk\Ynglet\Library\il2cpp_cache
    il2cpp.exe didn't catch exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: pch-c.c
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.1.0b8\Editor\Data\il2cpp\libil2cpp\il2cpp-config.h(3): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you paste the full output? Did you recently change anything related to your Visual Studio or Windows SDK installation?

unityunity