Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug [IL2CPP][BUILD][2021.2.0a8]Cmdline missing quotes on pch-cpp.hpp

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Kunnogi, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Kunnogi

Kunnogi

When building for IL2CPP using the latest alpha 2021.2.0a8 it fails to build cause the command line called on il2cpp is lacking quotes on the "/Yc" that includes the file "pch-cpp.hpp".
    In addition I would like to know if theres anyway i can change it manually (the build command), so i can add the quotes for building until its fixed.
    Screenshot:
    upload_2021-3-11_5-54-14.png

2. brian-taylor

brian-taylor

Unity Technologies

Hey there, sorry about the bug, a fix is in place in coming soon.

The only real workaround in the meantime is to install the Unity Editor to a path that doesn't have any spaces.

mahdi_jeddi likes this.
  3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Another workaround you can try is to enable "Generate Visual Studio solution" checkbox and build into a path without spaces. All those files will get copied to a target folder, and when you build them from generated VS project, you will not run into this bug.

mahdi_jeddi likes this.
  4. Kunnogi

Kunnogi

I've updated to the 2021.2.0a9 and the problem is still there, and yes putting it into folders without space solves it, saddly the hub dont allows to pick the installation folder.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You can change the editor install folder in hub preferences (the little cog icon in the top left):

upload_2021-3-22_12-18-49.png