Search Unity

Ikari Vertex Painter (MOVED TO ASSET STORE FORUM!)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Kirbyrawr, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chai

chai

Intel core i7-4770, 3.4ghz, 32gb ram

2. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi, thanks, i have some ideas to improve the performance, it's really strange because your cpu is better than mine hahah and you have more gb of ram than me : )
    Also i need to fix some things users sent to me so expect a big update soon!

3. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Oh btw if you can tell me also your gpu model it would be awesome!

4. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, i fixed one error that gave a null reference (Thanks Daniel!!), also a user reported me that closing other tools inspector helps a lot in the performance.

My computer is this:
    -CPU i5 750 2.67GHz
    -GPU GTX 660
    -Ram 12 gb

I can paint in meshes to the limit of vertex of Unity (16 bits - 65536 vertex) without hiccups or anything, i even did a test with the profile running with deep profile, if anyone don't have any inspector opened and it's still having issues tell me and i will try to see what's happening there, but it's so strange that some people get it working and others not : (

5. wadewt

wadewt

Hi there, I'm having massive lag when trying to use Ikari vertex painter. I've had it work sometimes and other times it'll be very laggy (unusable, and it crashes), this has happened on two different machines.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I got this error:
    StackOverflowException
    UnityEditor.NavMeshEditorWindow.OnSceneViewGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneModeWindows/NavigationWindow.cs:331)

Edit: I started a new, blank project and imported ikari vertex painter and I get this error:
    MaterialEditor: Could not create custom UI from the CustomEditor: '' of the shader. Does the class name include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?
    UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object[], String)

I'm using Unity 5.1.1f1 Personal by the way. Windows 8

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  6. Daniel-F

Daniel-F

Hi again -- Sorry, but could you tell me where to find the vertex lit shader? I unfortunately wasn't able to get blended textures into my game before the deadline, but I'm currently working on an expanded version and hoping to implement it now. Currently I can't seem to see it in the shader list, though.

I just need something similar to the Unlit/Vertex Color RGB Blend shader, basically (i.e. something that renders in one draw call and doesn't multiply the mesh's tri/vert count), but with lightness based on point lights as in Unity's standard Mobile/VertexLit shader. It wouldn't need to support coloured lighting if that conflicts with the vertex colours for texture blending.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  7. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there sorry for the late!! Unity didn't notify me... :(

Updates:
    -Caitlyn (Asset Store team) sent me an email that some users aee reporting that the image used in Ikari is a offense for korean taiwan users, it wasn't my intention and i would like to apologize for it, i will change the art soon.

-Some updates are on it's way with update to Unity 5.1.2 and optimizations also i will include some shaders and some more options aswell.

8. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there Wade sorry i didn't see it but i replied to your email some time ago so i think the case it's fixed or at least talked for a future fix.

9. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there i will give you it as soon as i get home!! Apologies!

Daniel-F likes this.
  10. Daniel-F

Daniel-F

Thanks! No problem, as it happened I didn't have time to make use of it before now, in any case. Also no problem if it takes a few more days at this point.

11. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there almost all is ready for the update i will submit it in the next days, Daniel, about your shader add me on Skype neo5icek and i will help you with anything you need for the deadline.

12. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Quoted look at the up post!

13. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Hi there, a update was submitted, this one doesn't contain code changes, it only changes the art of the package and the editor.
    Also i create a userecho for the people to report bugs or post ideas more organizated!
    http://ikarivertexpainter.userecho.com/

The code update will be ready soon, but since i'm flying to a far country i don't think it's a good idea to release it now i hope you understand it!

As always i'm here for anything you need!

Use this forum for anything you need about this product:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ikari-vertex-painter.278712/

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.