Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

IK: I can't find the "Create Effector" button.

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by AcademyOfFetishes, Feb 28, 2019.

1. AcademyOfFetishes

AcademyOfFetishes

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Hi, you are doing nothing wrong. Our usage of the "Target" and "Effector" terminology was wrong, and we have swapped the names. In this particular case, the button has been renamed to "Create Target".

We will update the documentation in 2d-animation-samples.

3. AcademyOfFetishes

AcademyOfFetishes

Thank you!

4. Sam_Ooi

Sam_Ooi

Unity Technologies

Hi, I noticed that you are referring to the older V1 2D Animation Sample repo and documentation. They are now outdated, and the video tutorial is referring to the V2 2D Animation Package. Here's a link to all the information for the V2 Animation Package : https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-animation-v2-preview-packages.599356/

I have updated the 2D IK documentation on the V1 2D Animation samples page for you but I highly recommend updating to the V2 Animation package as it contains new features and is the version supported moving forward.

AcademyOfFetishes likes this.
  5. AcademyOfFetishes

AcademyOfFetishes

Thank you for this information! I think I'm using the latest, but I had no idea that I was reading about an earlier version.