Search Unity

[Deprecated] IK Helper Tool - Fix misplaced hands and feet after animation retargeting.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KevIU, Jan 16, 2020.

1. KevIU

KevIU

EDIT: IK Helper Tool has been deprecated and is no longer available.
    Ensure perfect animation retargeting to your humanoid characters!
    This tool helps you to fix misplaced hands or feet when retargeting animations between humanoid characters.

Includes example scene with 2 characters and 7 animations. Prefabs are ready with the script configured.

Easy to use, no coding required.

Source code included!

Contact Support:
    support@keviniglesias.com

www.keviniglesias.com

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  2. lobotomista

lobotomista

Could you please make a video of the retargetting process? I'm still not sure this is the right asset for me, also I'm curious if it really is that simple.

3. KevIU

KevIU

For animation retargeting I've made a quick video here:

For setting up the IK Helper Tool there isn't a video yet. You can take a look at the documentation and the example prefabs included in the asset. These prefabs already have the IK Helper Tool configured.

Hope this helps you until I create a better video tutorial.

4. klarkitgames

klarkitgames

Does this work with UMA? As I have followed instructions and looked at demo closely and nothing works.

5. SOSolacex

SOSolacex

Hey! I was looking at the example scene, mainly in regards to the 2H dwarf rifles.
    However, I am curious.. How exactly was the second transform called by the IK helper tool on the animator?
    For me, it only works for one of the two transforms. I don't see any additional scripts attached to the dwarves either so I am sure I am doing something wrong.

6. KevIU

KevIU

I'm reworking on simpler and easier to configure IK. Currently IK Helper Tool only works for simple animation configurations (with very few animation states and transitions). 2H dwarf rifles uses 2 IK at the same time parented one to other and that is not very stable.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: IK Helper Tool has been deprecated and is no longer available.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021