Search Unity

IK-Baking in Cinema4D R10

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by skahlert, Apr 19, 2007.

1. skahlert

skahlert

Hi,

i'm afraid it's a stupid question, but how exactly do I bake the IK animation? Okay, I go to Charakter->Cappucino and then what?
    I'm more familiar with maya and there is a nifty little function called "bake Simulation", which creates a keyframe for every frame of the animation.

Since Cappucino seems more like a motion capture tool, I don't get how I have to use it, to bake the IK animation.

And besides that: What do I have to bake? The bone-structure or the mesh?

2. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Hi!

Yes you have to create keyframes for the bones. Its done best while animating and having auto-keyframing on. This will automatically create a key for anything that moves within a frame. Whenever you change or tweak the animation, the keyframes are automatically updated. R10 has a very detailed online handbook section about keyframes. The system is all new and very easy to use. Just check it out.

Cya

Frank

3. anadin

anadin

Also cappucino is a little counter intuative. You need to select the thing you want to keyframe, in this case the root of the skeleton heirarchy. Then invoke the cappucino dialogue, then start the capture, then click and hold the mouse in the viewport, the animation will run, release the button when you are done, then run the keyreducer on it <phew>

4. skahlert

skahlert

Thanks...
    now it works fine (at least after I converted my joint skeleton to a bone skeleton).