Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question IK animations frozen under one animator

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Manic_MG, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Manic_MG

Manic_MG

So I have a problem where my IK animations just wont play.

The IK rig is setup under the same hierarchy/Animator as the skeleton. I have a separate set of IK clips that will play / trigger at the same time as some of the character animations, just using Animator Parameters and a separate layer in the Animator, just for IK:
    eg. Player sits down, IK hands will turn on and move into place as well as the "sit down" animation being played on the skeleton. Players can still move upper body (which is why IK is required)
    However no matter what I do the Base Layer in my animator seems to override my IK animations and the empties just WONT MOVE. Even when I set up a custom Mask to ignore those empties.
    Normally these empties wont appear in the mask creator, so I found a tool that makes a mask with them, but even then. The IK animations are just frozen in place.

How do other people handle in Unity IK animations with Imported skeleton animations?

Does everyone really just use 2 animators? or am I missing something?.

2. Manic_MG

Manic_MG

Here are some images of my setup - the red highlight is added in by Unitys built in IK features - so not apart of the original skeleton.
    upload_2022-9-29_23-24-25.png upload_2022-9-29_23-24-43.png upload_2022-9-29_23-25-6.png