Search Unity

Ignoring depth surface store action as it is memoryless

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Moonjump, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Moonjump

Moonjump

I keep getting the following pair of warnings after upgrading my project from 5.6 to 2018.4. There is no other information given, so I don't even know what it relates to. Google and Unity searches have brought nothing useful. Can anyone help please?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Ignoring depth surface load action as it is memoryless
    2. Ignoring depth surface store action as it is memoryless

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

Update:

I have upgraded another project to 2018.4 and I am getting exactly the same warning messages, and the message doesn't give any idea of where the issue is, nor what object, script, etc. that it is related to.

EDIT: Some minor progress. It only happens in the editor if I have a device connected that is running Unity Remote 5 (which I need as it is a mobile game). If I have the device on, the errors messages appear as the Remote wakes up (the game has been running for some time by the point this happens).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  3. Starbox

Starbox

Just to tell you that I have the same issue with UR5 and Unity 2019.2.15f1. No need for any action, the double warning pops up on its own.

4. hosterweis

hosterweis

I'm having the same warnings pop up while connected to Unity Remote 5 on Unity 2019.3.15f1. Doesn't seem like it effects anything so I'm going to assume its harmless... keep me updated!

5. Starbox

Starbox

Funny, it seems to be related to Unity Remote.
    My project is fairly advanced by now but I decided to close the profiler, deactivate and then unload the current scene and create a new empty one and deactivate the camera in that one too.
    I got the two warnings. They are possibly innocuous although I notice that Unity's memory usage grows very quickly as it exchanges data with the UR app. It's possible it's just hoarding data in the mem and never dumping anything. It can end freezing Unity after a few minutes of play.

alecfilios likes this.
  6. Voronoi

Voronoi

I'm getting this message exactly when using ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot Since it's happening with remote, it must have to do with videocard/capture, which is probably used with Remote. This thread seems to confirm that. From the sounds of it, getting rid of the warning would disable memoryless mode and be quite a cost in memory. So, ignore the warning!

mbaker likes this.