Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

ignore push (or partial push)

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by dmko, May 18, 2016.

1. dmko

dmko

remote user changed a bunch of stuff. among those changes, their version has deleted files which we don't actually want to delete

How do I ignore some of their changes - specifically the deleted files?

Alternatively how do I ignore their push, and push myself, so that they can then choose "my version" of the files they've changed and then be in sync with everything else?

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Unity Technologies

Only way possible right now unfortunately is using the history window:
    • Revert to the revision right before it weas pushed
    • Do a copy of the project in that state
    • update to the latest one
    • Overwrite the files with the backup project
    • Publish the changes

Since there is no ''push-foward'' option right now, it's the only solution I could see.

andrew-lukasik and dmko like this.
  3. DevinW

DevinW

Seems like there should be a simpler way to revert a specific file to a previous version.

andrew-lukasik likes this.
  4. quixotic

quixotic

Unity Technologies

Work on that is currently in progress! We pushed pretty hard towards simplifying everything, and are now starting to work on more advanced features.

5. andrew-lukasik

andrew-lukasik

My fellow Collaborate-or pushed a commit which deletes most of my changes from last days. He pledges innocence (ie. checking commit's change list) so it's hard to tell now what happened exactly. But untangling it now seems worse than eternity in hell T_T not a leisure time at all.

TLDR: +1 to reverting and un-deleting specific files

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  6. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

(@.@)

Did he by chance, link to the project @andrew-lukasik ? Or had he been part of the project for a while?

7. andrew-lukasik

andrew-lukasik

holliebuckets yes, exactly. This was his first commit and he linked from existing project repo.

holliebuckets likes this.
  8. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Ya... I'm working hard on getting that "feature" removed. Thank you for the feedback, Andrew. I'm so sorry we caused you extra work :(

unityunity