Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Ignore file?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by HappyBadgerStudio, Jun 9, 2016.

1. HappyBadgerStudio

HappyBadgerStudio

Hey there! I just want to start out and say that you guys are killing it with Collab, it is such a great idea, and the way you have gone about implementing is awesome. Our team loves it, and it helps us out so so much.

Didn't see this around anywhere, but is there a way to ignore a specific file? To give you an example on why we would like this, I create editor tools for my team, and some of the tools require a directory to be set, and I allow them to pick where they would like files to import/export from/to, these settings are saved to a text file, that is in their project. (I guess I could move the file to some external directory?) but it would be great to just be able to set a file to be ignored, because there are a few other examples I would use this for.

Slightly off-topic (Just wanted a small quick answer), in the newer versions of Unity, we get a "No Cameras Rendering" message, in every scene that, well of course, doesn't have a camera. However, it has a Canvas! (Which is a camera..) So our purely UI scenes have this overlay in the editor and it is rather annoying, is there a way to remove this message?

Thank you so much!

2. Artificer

Artificer

I have the same basic question but with additional comments.

Our team has been attempting to install wwise audio to our project with Unity editor script support.
    The problem is their editor scripts are auto-generating locally sequenced files inside Assets/Wwise/Editor/ProjectData that have no direct correlation with the sequence numbers on other team members machines creating havok in collaborate. In GIT we would normally just flag this folder in .gitignore.

However, we ARE enjoying the simplicity of collaborate and have, as a team, hit a nice workflow. That said, the correct solution would probably be to have Wwise move their ProjectData folder outside Assets.

Less is more.

3. quixotic

quixotic

Administrator

Heya!

Right now there isn't a way of ignoring files for Collaborate. Thank you both for you examples of how you would use it. Currently everything inside of /Assets gets picked up by Collaborate.

I'm afraid cameras aren't my jam (though, canvas is a UI element not a camera) maybe try in Editor & Support for more helpful help?

4. PedroGV

PedroGV

Any chance to mark them for deletion on Cloud's Dashboard after being successfully uploaded?

5. mr-phil

mr-phil

Unity Technologies

Hello, a quick follow up on the questions above to tell you that we are currently working on an ignore feature that will allow to specify certain files, folder or file patterns to be excluded from the synchronization.

6. PedroGV

PedroGV

Good to know. Thanks.

Any plans for files already uploaded that should have been excluded?

7. RageSquid_Lex

RageSquid_Lex

Hey, quick question somewhat related to the ignore feature: will we be able to do partial commits? We currently work with SVN and the commit workflow I usually have is something like: press commit -> deselect everything -> only select the items I want to commit. It rarely happens that I commit every single file, there's often plenty of local changes I don't want to push to the server.
    It's great to hear that the ignore feature is being worked on, do you have a rough ETA on that? And will we be able to deselect items when we're committing? I'd love to see a roadmap regarding Unity Collab to see what we can expect and when.
    We're loving Unity Collab so far but we're going to need these features to be able to use it for our new project.
    Thanks!

edit: I've been reading other topics and found someone saying "We're working on partial publish". I should've read before I posted, my bad. I'd still love to know if there's an ETA and if there's a collab roadmap available.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016