Search Unity

Ignore fades from the same virtual camera

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by themeshpotato, May 8, 2019.

1. themeshpotato

themeshpotato

So I have a lot of different small timelines that can be triggered and if one is triggered while another one is playing the playing one is stopped. What I want to achieve is a way to only fade into the virtual camera, if the currently playing timeline is not showing the same camera, but since I have a fade into the virtual camera at the beginning of the timeline the fade is of course still played and this makes for a weird looking jump where it jumps back to the normal camera and then fades back into the same one as before.

I'm not sure if I'm actually making sense, but let me know if I should explain it in a different way! :)

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You have a couple of options here, if I understand correctly.

Would it be possible for you to leave the outgoing timeline activated until the fade-in to the new one is finished?

Alternatively, if overlapping the timelines is impractical, you could change your strategy: use activation tracks to activate the vcam game objects instead of using CM clips. Let the CM brain handle the blends. When outgoing timeline ends, it deactivates its vcam. When incoming timeline begins, it activates its vcam. No overlap needed, the brain will take care of the blending.

3. themeshpotato

themeshpotato

Hmm, I don't think the first solution is an option, but I never thought of the second one!
    Thanks for the answer, I'll try that today!

4. themeshpotato

themeshpotato

But I'll have to always set a higher priority on the vcam I want to blend in, so I'm not sure, if that is always possible, but let me try it out!

5. themeshpotato

themeshpotato

Nevermind, I could always just animate that value

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

No, you can give everything the same priority. The way it works is that if multiple active vcams have the same priority, the most-recently-activated one will dominate.