Search Unity

Ignorance is not bliss...Basic forum question and need help with settings

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AlaricTheGoth, Aug 1, 2018.

1. AlaricTheGoth

AlaricTheGoth

Good day,
    Granted that I do not have my glasses on but I could not find a way to search in the Editor & General Support forum; obviously I am being blind so if anyone can point out how to search in this particular forum it would be greatly appreciated.

I have been searching in Answers and elsewhere trying to find out how to get Unity to use my graphics card when it is Baking etc., assuming of course that the graphics card is involved in that activity? :) I do have some experience but I will plead fatigue and time pressure for the added ignorance.

I use Windows 10 with the latest updates and my box is I7-770 @ 3.6, 4 cores, 8 LP and my graphics card is GTX 1070, 32Gb RAM.

I am working through an intermediate tutorial with a minimalistic scene, a couple of animated characters and mostly working on how to set up various types of cameras in connection with animation etc. Even on rather simple 2048x2048, a couple of hills, no vegetation, some rocks and other obstacles my machine slows to a crawl but the graphics card does not seem to be very involved. I have given Unity the highest priority and though the difference is perceptible it cannot be more than 10-15%. I do not have anything except one (1) browser window up for this forum (Edge for now).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alaric/Tired old man

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

CPU only as far as I know. There's R&D to make it go on the GPU, though. Maybe soon? Ideally, you should not be doing work while baking. It's an intensive task and does not make development enjoyable while it's being done.

If you click "Search Forums" then the options let you specify which forums you want to search. The default is all forums.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

hippocoder likes this.