Search Unity

Question If using burst,only install it via HUB

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by goodnewsjimdotcom, Oct 2, 2022.

1. goodnewsjimdotcom

goodnewsjimdotcom

I had an issue with burst so severe that I even resorted to reformatting my harddrives and putting windows back on. I had some data loss, but even then Unity wasn't building right...

Turns out you need to install Visual Studio ONLY from hub.
    When you do install it, add the C++/Unity/.net options,almost all of them.

It's been 16 days and about 130+ hours since I last tried to simply upgrade me editor...Now I can get back to coding again...

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Just so others know what you're talking about, this is the thread with your troublesome journey:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/upg...ies-aint-even-available.1340372/#post-8480600

The way you describe the issues you encounter and how you react to them is telling why it's taking you so long to work around or fix issues and why you end up taking such drastic measures. I don't recognize you as being analytical about issues but rather you seem to react rather emotionally to them, which naturally clouds your judgement. I personally had these issues for long time on and off (more so since ~2 years due to burnout, and more so with age as my mental energy drains faster and is harder to recover than it used to) and thus no silver bullet solution.

I do notice that every time I'm frustrated by something like this, it really is the faster route to take a step back and analyze, reproduce, isolate, narrow down. The hard thing is recognizing that I'm in the wrong state of mind and judgement is clouded when I really want to move on to finish that thing I'm working on ...

So, please come back with any issues, and hopefully next time we can resolve it faster together. ;)

DragonCoder likes this.
  3. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

I've successfully imported Burst in at least 10 projects via the Package Manager and didn't have an issue...
    That said, one of the major 2D packages once had a weird problem (some extension methods not found) and could only be fixed by: remove package, reimport all assets, re-add the package.

The frustration is real sometimes, but that's life of a software dev xP