Search Unity

Feedback If removing Asset Store browser, Package Manager needs additional filters and options

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by MostHated, Jul 28, 2020.

1. MostHated

MostHated

Hey all,
    I can understand wanting to move away from using the Asset Store browser within Unity, but if it is going to be (in this case, already is) removed and the Package Manager is going to be taking its place, I feel that it's functionality should at least match what was available in terms of filters and options.

The one, in particular, that is missing that I used the most was the filter to show all assets that actually have updates available to download. It might not seem like a big thing to some people, but I currently have 637 assets and trying to load all of them in the list to look for ones that have updates available can sometimes become a problem if they aren't first filtered. Even if all of them can/do load, it would still be much nicer to just filter out the ones without updates.

Thanks,
    -MH

Necka_ likes this.
  2. Necka_

Necka_

I totally support this.
    While Unity is making it easy to get many assets from the store with sales promotion, bundles etc, the Package manager "My assets" part really seem to be for people with just a few assets from the store.

Right now I'm in a project with around 14 assets from the store loaded up, not much, which is good. But meanwhile I have hundred of assets and what I would just want is to see with a filter the updates available. Exactly how it was on the Store within the editor in 2019.x and before.

Without that filter, it's extremely difficult to keep up with the updates that devs are pushing.

The "My Asset" part of the package manager should just come up with the same filtering options that are available in the editor asset store version.

Thank you