Search Unity

Bug If I open vs script in unity, endless loading screen opens: "opening vs, this might take some time"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by monsterjova12345, Jul 19, 2022.

1. monsterjova12345

monsterjova12345

So when I open unity project, everything is normal. But when I open a script in unity, visual studio script opens normally but in unity shows endless loading window where it sometimes writes "Opening visual studio (busy for *any time i have waited for*)..., Starting up visual studio, this might take some time." and sometimes it says "Hold on...(busy for *time*)..., Importing assets", I will send the loading window in pictures. Just to mention, any amount of time I wait it will never end (I have left it over night once and still didn't end). While that window is showing up, visual studio and unity still works perfectly fine, I can change everything there without any other errors/bugs but its still quite annoying that it always shows up (I can drag it anywhere on screen where it will not annoy me, but after i minimize Unity and unminimize it again, it shows in the middle of the screen again so i have to drag it again). Things I have tried to fix this: uninstall Unity and install it again, uninstall Visual studio and install it again, uninstall unity hub and install it again, install other version of Unity and visual studio, tried to do what people on formus said (such as to delete Unity's cache folder and to first open visual studio and script and then open unity and some other stuff), made new unity account and tried it on it, made new visual studio account and tried it on it, in unity I clicked on "edit", then "preferences", "external tools", and I changed "external script editor" to everything it can be (Microsoft visual studio 2022, Microsoft visual studio 2019 and open by file extension), checked if I have any viruses on my pc (I don't) and I think that's pretty much everything I have tried to fix this bug. And my friend that do stuff in Unity, he doesn't have that problem so he sent me his some project with everything same like to him (unity version, visual studio version etc.), the loading window still showed up. I was thinking to try to uninstall everything from my SSD (even windows too), I am pretty sure that will help but I don't want to do it because I will lose everything I have on my pc. This bug happens on 2D and 3D, I haven't tried any other renderer.

My Visual studio versions: Visual studio community 2022 17.2.5 and Visual studio community 2019 16.11.16

All workloads I have on both visual studio versions: ASP.NET and web development, Mobile development with .NET, .NET desktop development, Universal Windows Platform development and Game development with Unity

My unity versions: 2021.3.5f1 LTS and 2021.3.1f1 LTS

My unity hub version: 3.2.0

Please help me out with this bug, it is really annoying and I have tried everything I know. If you have any ideas on how to solve this bug please tell me.
    upload_2022-7-19_17-43-23.png
    upload_2022-7-19_17-43-40.png

2. elek

elek

Hi, have you solved the problem ?
    I have the same issue.

3. monsterjova12345

monsterjova12345

Unfortunately i havent solved yet, i am trying to solve it for few weeks already but i have reported a bug to unity

4. monsterjova12345

monsterjova12345

Hi, I have finally solved the problem. I contacted unity and reported a bug, they told me to update Visual studio package manager to 2.0.16, he also sent me a video of how to do that. I can't send a video here for some reason, so I'll just describe what he did.
    1. He opened unity project
    2. He clicked "Window" button at top of the screen (the one between component and help)
    3. He opened "Package Manager"
    4. At the top of package manager window, for you it may be selected "Packages: Unity registry" or something else. It will have to be selected "Packages: in project"
    5. Then click on "Visual studio editor" and he told me to update to 2.0.16.
    Now everything works normal! I hope I helped.

5. AdamYQureshi

AdamYQureshi

MonsterJova you are an amazing person

tianchenglong35 likes this.
  6. brightgame

brightgame

Thank you so much my friend . it worked

7. mafia1986

mafia1986

Thank you so much. it worked