Search Unity

Ideas

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by realSapphy, Oct 16, 2021.

1. realSapphy

realSapphy

Does anyone have good ideas for a game? I'm quite new to Unity so I'm just kinda messing around =P

2. Steve_Stevens

Steve_Stevens

Do simple stuff. Tic Tac Toe. Then make it 2 player. Connect 4. Then make it 2 player. Mess around with blackjack, then make it 2 player. etc... Build up your expertise.

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

In addition to board/card games, try something like Flappy Bird or Doodle Jump.

4. adamgolden

adamgolden

5. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

If you're interested in action games you cant go wrong with an infinite runner like Jetpack Joyride, Flappy Bird, or Subway Surfers.

Just give it your own spin. Don't just make a clone.

6. YBtheS

YBtheS

Just lurking the forums after I've been gone for a while. Did not expect to see a thread of mine to show up on the first thread I checked :0

I agree, not making a clone can keep your motivation up as whatever spin you decide to put on a game will be something you are personally interested in.

Aside from that stuff how about something like pinball? Perhaps a good exercise in basic Unity physics

adamgolden likes this.
  7. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

This is clearly a one post and go account.

8. YBtheS

YBtheS

Aye, it seems so :(

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

For beginner friendly game ideas, take a look at the Atari 2600 game library.

adamgolden likes this.
  10. joseschwartz

joseschwartz

do you have any ideas about roms games. I see a lot of games that have been around for a long time

11. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Remaking Frogger is a suggestion I often see. It is pretty simple to implement in Unity, and is still a fun game. You can make your own spin on the game as well.

For example, my favorite Frogger knock off of all time is "Senseless Violence 1: Survival of the Fetus", where you play as a baby crawling your way across instead of a frog, and die in shocking ways for the time (Apple IIgs game).