Search Unity

Idea to boost purchasing revenue in free to play games

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Deleted User, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

If you had a multiplayer game free to play what if you made it so that players were pitted against bots designed to act human and have fake profiles, but they were programmed to be stronger and look cooler than the player. They will lose power as a reward to the player for purchasing powerups to progress but will always come back up and entice the player to keep buying.

I heard about what Activision does in their games, have new players fight skilled players to make them think they need to buy what they have to be good.

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Be prepared for backlash when your player base finds out!!!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

It'l be mobile meaning its impossible for them to find out.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I think it's better to spend your time thinking about ways to make your game better.

olaHalo, Ryiah and theANMATOR2b like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah, I only think this system would be helpful because if players join a lobby with nobody in them they will just get bored and quit the game, even if it's good they will still exit because they have the idea it's dead and won't have a playerbase anymore, beside wanting to make more money.

6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Except you just posted it here. Never underestimate the ability of players to track down information.

Ryiah likes this.
  7. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It is unlikely you'd be able to develop an AI with enough unique strategies and differing movement patters for combating the player, while all of them still being competitive to the player's perceived skill level, to actually fool enough players to convince them they were fighting other real people. AI's always fall into somewhat predictable patterns that the human players will learn. That is part of the fun playing against an AI, to learn their patterns and defeat them.

An AI even with several dozen unique strategies and tactics will still be identifiable as an AI within a few hours of gameplay. Even with several thousand they will still be identifiable just in how they round a corner, or how quickly they acquire a target, or how fast they go from seeing a target to opening fire. Even if you made all that completely random, that randomness is its own pattern, just like an old TV showing that white snow you used to see when you were on a bad channel. That snow was pure randomness, but it formed its own easily identifiable pattern to anyone who has ever watched a TV.

Unless you are going to spend years developing a truly human level intelligence AI system that can think on its own, adapt to and anticipate the player, and if you're pretending to be different players all the time it must never follow the same pattern as another fake player in pretty much any discernable way, you aren't going to trick anyone.

Kiwasi likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

This system would take me a week to develop to be good enough from my predictions. It's too easy to fool mobile gamers if you look at the crap thats pulled in the market. I'm only looking to make a few million and be done for a while.

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Spending a week on your AI isn't going to be an AI that can fool anyone into thinking it is backed by human thought. That idea is just laughable. But go right ahead and prove me wrong, while throwing up instagram photos of you rolling around in all of your millions.

Kiwasi likes this.
  10. Murgilod

Murgilod

This is a dumb thread.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

By all right I shall! ;)