Search Unity

ID instance Negative?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ControlledDrive, Feb 2, 2021.

1. ControlledDrive

ControlledDrive

I was creating a video game, when out of nowhere, I started to notice problems in it, I entered the "Debug" mode of the inspector to see if there was any anomaly, and indeed, there was one, all the things I created came out with an "instance id" in negative, for example "instance id: -749504", no matter if they were imported or copied, they were created in negative. Also, when I deleted them I got this message: "screen position out of view frustum".
    However, I only got this error if I deleted objects with negative id, with positive id nothing happened. Apparently this error occurred because my scene didn't restart properly, or something like that. After that I uninstalled Unity completely to see if the problem was solved, I even downloaded a newer version and opened another project, but it still creates elements with "instance id" in negative, only now when I delete them I don't get the error,

but still I'm afraid to work like this. Is there any way for Unity to return to make instance id with positive values?

Is it normal that negative IDs are being created out of nowhere?

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

ControlledDrive likes this.
  3. ControlledDrive

ControlledDrive