Search Unity

Icons are missing from my colleagues projects

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by Meceka, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Meceka

Meceka

After migrating from the good old Plastic SCM setting in Version Control window to the Version Control package, although icons are still available in my project, my colleagues projects are lacking all the icons in the Plastic SCM windows. Including the added, changed, etc. icons in the project view.

upload_2021-12-7_23-10-50.png
    upload_2021-12-7_23-11-9.png

I migrated by setting the version control dropdown to visible meta files, and installing the plastic scm package from the package manager, and logging in and etc. from my computer.
    Then I pushed changes and as I pushed the project settings they didn't need to login or install the package.

I tried to recreate with syncinc the project and installing plastic on my laptop, and this is reproducable, I took these screenshots from my laptop.

Unity Version: 2020.3.23f1
    Package Version: 1.15.4 and 1.15.7

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  2. Sravzz

Sravzz

Unity Technologies

Hi Meceka! Thanks for reaching out to us! I have tried the version and package version mentioned and I am able to see icons correctly, can you please provide more details like :
    1. Which OS ?
    2. Does any other plastic workspace have same issue ?
    3. Does clicking on empty icon populates the icon ?
    4. Can you re-install Unity editor and try ?

3. Meceka

Meceka

Did you try these to reproduce?
    1) Have 3 unique computers and workspaces for Plastic SCM, better have it with different accounts(2 might also be enough)
    2) All of these users are using old Plastic SCM plugin that enables with a dropdown from the old "Version Control" window.
    3) 1 of the users migrate from the old plugin to the new Version Control unity package.
    4) The migrated user pushes the project settings and packages manifest.
    5) The other users automatically get the package installed by package manifest and they didn't need to migrate.
    6) The users who automatically got the package installed don't have icons.

1. Windows 10
    2. Yes, just my workspace is ok (I migrated and pushed the package and project serttings
    3. No
    4. Already updated Unity to see if it would fix it.

As I said, I already reproduced it from my laptop which was having the repository with an old version. I updated Unity and pulled changes and reproduced the issue there. So steps above are already proven to reproduce.
    That laptop also uses my Unity and Plastic account so you probably might be ok with testing with a single account but different workspaces from different computers.

This is an urgent problem as my colleagues are having trouble pushing their changes now as they also sometimes aren't listed in the changes view. And I believe almost all Plastic users who migrate will have these issues we have as soon as they migrate and push project settings & package manifest.

4. a12554

a12554

I have the same issue, a lot of the letters of unity icons doesn't appear. I installed the version 2021.3.8. It's a bug and I didn't log into Plastic SCM plugin. Please fix this. Thx!

5. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

What are your Unity version and Version Control package?
    Please be sure you are using Version Control package1.17.x version.