Search Unity

Icon Graphic Corruption?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by smarcus, Nov 14, 2010.

1. smarcus

smarcus

Hey folks- I was trying to set the icon for my game using a .png. Everything looks good in the editor, but when I build the game, the icon has some weird graphics corruption (as though another icon is halfway built into it).

Observe:

In the editor, though, it looks fine:

Has anyone else run into this problem?

2. Christian

Christian

Using Unity Editor 2.6.1f3 and publish to Mac OS X 10.5.8. The icons are imported in the Editor as PNG Files with RGB24 Compression.

The builded result under Mac OS X:

Attached Files:

3. Christian

Christian

4. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

I may have found a solution. For some reason, if you make a single pixel in your icon images less than 100% opaque, then everything works great.

This would make it seem as though the alpha channel gets lost when the icon is exported to the OSX format, causing the Finder to render the channels improperly, but ensuring that you are "using" the alpha channel prevents this loss.

In my case, I just very slightly rounded the corners of my icons with about a 2px bevel, but I found that simply masking out a single corner pixel to 99% opacity worked as well.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  5. Elecman

Elecman

Same problem here with Unity version 4.3.41f

6. OneThree

OneThree

I ran into this issue, and it went away when I changed the icon from compressed to True Color.