Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

ICollisionEventsJob Not Firing on entities with a dynamically created physics collider

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by Ender_7, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Ender_7

Ender_7

Im dynamically spawning a bunch of entities which I am dynamically resizing.
    In order to affect the colliders scale i am making a new Physics collider to represent the new size using:

Code (CSharp):
    1. BlobAssetReference<Unity.Physics.Collider> collider = Unity.Physics.SphereCollider.Create(new SphereGeometry
    2. {
    3.         Center = float3.zero,
    4.         Radius = radius
    5. });
    7.                 commandBuffer.SetComponent(entityInQueryIndex, instantiatedEntity, new PhysicsCollider { Value = collider});
    However when i do this i no longer have my CollisionEventsJob fire. (They fire properly if i dont set the PhysicsCollider component)

I assume this is because the collision response is not set to raise collision events on the dynamically instantiated PhysicsCollider.

Is there a way to set the collision response dynamically? Or could this be caused by some other data that i need to set on the PhysicsCollider?

Thanks.

2. Ender_7

Ender_7

Of course I manage to resolve my issue after I post about it...
    I found that I can assign a physicsMaterial in the Create() method. So i made a new one and set its collisionResponsePolicy and now my events are firing.
    Fixed code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Unity.Physics.Material physMat = Unity.Physics.Material.Default;
    2.                 physMat.CollisionResponse = CollisionResponsePolicy.CollideRaiseCollisionEvents;
    3.                 BlobAssetReference<Unity.Physics.Collider> collider = Unity.Physics.SphereCollider.Create(new SphereGeometry
    4.                 {
    5.                     Center = float3.zero,
    6.                     Radius = radius
    7.                 }, CollisionFilter.Default, physMat);
    9.                 commandBuffer.SetComponent(entityInQueryIndex, instantiatedEntity, new PhysicsCollider { Value = collider});

Egad_McDad and petarmHavok like this.