Search Unity

iCloud support in Unity Cloud Build with XCode 9

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by smithmj5, Aug 10, 2018.

1. smithmj5

smithmj5

I'm trying to enable iCloud support for iOS builds with Unity Cloud Build.

Using Unity 2017.4.3f1 and Xcode 9.3.

I solved several issues along the way, but am now stuck on this error from Unity Cloud Build:

"error: exportArchive: exportOptionsPlist error for key 'iCloudContainerEnvironment': expected one of {Development, Production}, but no value was provided"

I've tried using the PlistDocument class to add the iCloudContainerEnvironment key and "Development" for the value, but this isn't the correct plist - it seems like there's a special "export options plist" that needs to be modified. The Unity Cloud Build log shows that it contains the following (bundle ID and team ID edited by me), so it seems like I need to somehow have iCloudContainerEnvironment added to that plist:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         Generated plist file with the following values:
    2.         10240: -----------------------------------------
    3.         10241: {
    4.         10242:   "method": "ad-hoc",
    5.         10243:   "uploadSymbols": false,
    6.         10244:   "provisioningProfiles": {
    7.         10245:     "com.company.gamename": "aaaaaaa-bbbb-1111-2222-A11111b222222"
    8.         10246:   },
    9.         10247:   "signingStyle": "manual",
    10.         10248:   "teamID": "AAAAAAAAAA"
    11.         10249: }
    12.         10250: -----------------------------------------
    I can't use Xcode 8 as I have another plugin that requires Xcode 9.

I also had to use the Unity XCode API from here https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/xcodeapi/src/stable/ because the one in Unity has a bug where it uses an "iCloud.com.company.gamename" as a key in the entitlements file, instead of a value.

Happy to share more info about how I got this far if it would be helpful to anyone.

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

A fix for this should be going out early next week. If you need it sooner, send me a PM with a link to your project and I'll get you set up.

3. smithmj5

smithmj5

PM sent with project link and ID. Thank you for offering to do this - I've spent a lot of time trying to work around this issue, looking forward to getting it working! :)

4. smithmj5

smithmj5

Just bumping this up to ask if the fix went out for this, for all projects? Thanks!

5. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Yes the fix should be available for all projects now.

6. smithmj5

smithmj5

Awesome, thanks!