Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ice Spell Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A, Jul 10, 2018.

1. unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

Hi,
    I'm looking for help with a spell animation.

I want to create this preview image animation in Unity : (click on image to see preview)
    https://opengameart.org/content/freeze-spell

I want exactly the same thing, a "Crystal" ice that is showing a line from my hero to a target.

Do you have any idea about doing this? Should I create a spritesheet that contains all possible sprites (previous frame/current frame/next frame) ? Or can I do this in Unity? For example each Crystal Ice could be an object that doesn't move and instantiate another object with next position of spell…?

I hope I'm clear about what I want.
    Thank you in advance for any answer!

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Two solutions come directly to mind, a sprite sheet - exactly like the link you provided, or particles built in Unity which can take the form of textures or mesh objects.

3. unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

The PNG file "freeze.png" is sufficient to create a similar animation? I don't see how.
    When spell will move, animation will just show next frame but we need to see previous frame for a bit time enough to have a "wave" effect.

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

What do you mean by a wave effect?
    Can you go into more detail, or show us an example?

5. unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

Thank you for your answer, but I'm finally using another animation for my spell.
    By the way, you could see an example of what I wanted by clicking on image in website link I posted. :)