Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ice Spell Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A, Jul 10, 2018.

1. unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

Hi,
    I'm looking for help with a spell animation.

I want to create this preview image animation in Unity : (click on image to see preview)
    https://opengameart.org/content/freeze-spell

I want exactly the same thing, a "Crystal" ice that is showing a line from my hero to a target.

Do you have any idea about doing this? Should I create a spritesheet that contains all possible sprites (previous frame/current frame/next frame) ? Or can I do this in Unity? For example each Crystal Ice could be an object that doesn't move and instantiate another object with next position of spell…?

I hope I'm clear about what I want.
    Thank you in advance for any answer!

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Two solutions come directly to mind, a sprite sheet - exactly like the link you provided, or particles built in Unity which can take the form of textures or mesh objects.

3. unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

The PNG file "freeze.png" is sufficient to create a similar animation? I don't see how.
    When spell will move, animation will just show next frame but we need to see previous frame for a bit time enough to have a "wave" effect.

4. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

What do you mean by a wave effect?
    Can you go into more detail, or show us an example?

5. unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

unity_Y9-Qu4dmill45A

Thank you for your answer, but I'm finally using another animation for my spell.
    By the way, you could see an example of what I wanted by clicking on image in website link I posted. :)