Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

IBeforeCameraRender, IAfterOpaquePass, IAfterTransparentPass and others in LWRP 2019.1+

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by drcrck, Jun 24, 2019.

1. drcrck

drcrck

2. drcrck

drcrck

searching for these interfaces in the repository gives the only result

upload_2019-6-24_12-3-50.png

upload_2019-6-24_12-4-42.png

3. zakiazigazi

zakiazigazi

The way ScriptableRenderPasses are managed has changed around 6.5.0. As far as I understand that is to be able to more easily support the new Forward Renderer asset through which you can inject render passes using the inspector. To implement a new
    ScriptableRenderPass
    look into the abstract class here:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...weight/Runtime/Passes/ScriptableRenderPass.cs

This file also contains the possible injection points (IIRC there are new ones compared to the versions before and you can add an offset for even better granularity) and you can control it via the
    renderPassEvent
    property.

A demonstration video on using the new render pass interface is here:

(Now, why Unity decided to make breaking changes to their API on a minor change is of course anyone's guess, but I think this was before leaving -preview and I remember we went through 3-4 versions of the render pass injection API on minor versions in the past, so it's not all that surprising either. Hopefully now that it is out of preview, the API will be much more stable, following semver and will be better documented.)

4. kripto289

kripto289

But this is stupid!
    They removed the api for C#.
    Now I should to add everything through the editor.
    How people can combine 1,2,10 effects? Through the editor only? Omg ...
    How to control it?

MahiHaghani and Marco-Playable like this.