Search Unity

iBattle PvP game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by hellraizerhhh, Jan 28, 2012.

1. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Some know Ive been working on my first main game. Been working on it on and off between school and work since September and want to show a few things to the community. The game is coming along strong and I have to thank all the people working on the project especially my 2 programmers for working so hard to bring this idea to life. The in game battle system is currently in place, animations all work, and most abilities are coded and working. There is a robust buff/debuff system created as well as a dev tool so I can edit stats and damage values of abilities in real time for testing purposes.

The game will release with 4 characters to fufill the main roles (Tank, Mage, Healer, Range). Game will also release with 2 in app purchase characters that you can add to your roster and place on your team; max team size of 4. We currently have 24 unique characters modeled and planned for paid content.

Each character is completely unique with a full talent tree with 20 unlockable abilities giving the player complete control over their play style.

Here is the 4 so far

Work in progress of the in game UI

First Arena [Volcano]

Raven Sage abilities

Grasshopper Warrior abilities

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. Alec

Alec

I remember this! Such a great art style, awesome icons there too.

3. marcos

marcos

Loving it! Character designs and animations are all wicked!
    I hope the camera does something awesome during the battles to show off the environment!

4. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

The camera is a cinematic camera for the melee characters to gets a close up shot on their finishing moves, abilities, jumps etc. The range characters are currently a fixed camera but im looking into ways of spicing it up a tad.

Any C&C is welcome!

5. darbeenbo

darbeenbo

This is really coming together. I'm really diggin the character design, the environment, and the animations are looking great. I'm assuming the health/mana bars above the characters are placeholder? Because they seem to really stand out amongst everything. Are you going to have any sort of edge-detect outline? I think that a really subtle outline would complement the style very well.

6. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Yea the bars over their head is a placeholder, it doesn't even work at the moment. We have to get a nice little UI going for it so it updates correctly in unison with the actual player values. By edge detect do you mean toon shader? I would LOVE a toon shader but I cant for the life of me get a shader that does toon + double sided + transparency + outline. But shaders don't work on the iOS device i thought anyways?

7. darbeenbo

darbeenbo

No clue. If that doesn't work, I know there is a post-process script in unity pro that you can attach to the camera which will outline things. I'm not sure if that works on ios either though.

8. Salim

Salim

The art and the animations looks pretty good! I can't wait to see the gameplay :)

9. collin

collin

Looks awesome! In the video you mentioned project files on a dropbox. Is that available for us to take a look at and learn how you achieved such impressive optimization? :)

10. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Sadly we cant disclose the dropbox as that would compromise files as some stuff we have in store for the community at a later time :) We are using a plugin for unity called Prime 31 UI Toolkit which so far has been amazing at making the draw calls for the UI almost nothing. Link here https://github.com/prime31/UIToolkit