Search Unity

IB Support?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by littlelingo, Aug 29, 2006.

1. littlelingo

littlelingo

Anyone know if it is possible to export a Unity scene out so that I can import into Interface Builder as a palette and bind to it?

Regards,

-- Clint

2. hsparra

hsparra

That would be neat, like Quartz Composer. I think the answer though will be no.

3. littlelingo

littlelingo

Yup, that was totally the thought. :)

We got some pretty interesting "stuff" going here revolving around behavior models and the lot and want to wrap Unity into it... Oh well, I guess we can work another angle.

Thanks for the reply!

-- Clint

4. Morgan

Morgan

Can you make do with a webplayer and a WebKit view?

5. littlelingo

littlelingo

That was sort of the workaround we were going to do. The problem is binding and I can't see a way to bind to Unity internals, like with Core Data for example.

Maybe a plugin or something? Haven't looked into those much... Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

-- Clint

6. hsparra

hsparra

Could you pass datat back and forth through Javascript objects through Web Kit? http://developer.apple.com/document...tent/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000164i There is a section on using JavaScript from Objective-C.

I am not sure exactly how you would do it. Perhaps you could go through the DOM. I am sure the thought of that might make some people sick :)

You could also create a real basic webserver on one of the ports and use the WWW class to retrieve data.

7. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Unity 1.6 will have support for direct browser js communication, so this should help a lot with getting it tightly integrated with WebKit and IB. I haven't tried but i am fairly certain it would work well, our dashboard widgets work in a very similar way.

Until then, lfrog last suggestion with the WWW class sounds like a fine workaround.

8. littlelingo

littlelingo

Cool good to know that is coming! Any ideas on when 1.6 might be coming out so we can gauge a timeframe versus effort type deal?

As far as the information the lfrog sent, THANKS! :) We will research that a bit more and see what we can cobble together. I know what we are really trying to accomplish is to tie this all back to Core Data so not sure if either options will allow that.

Thanks again!

Regards,

-- Clint

9. hsparra

hsparra

WooHoo! Even a blind dog gets lucky :D
    No problem. You might want to look up setting up your own mediating controller object, that way you can still use bindings.
    http://developer.apple.com/document...unicatingWithObjects/chapter_6_section_6.html
    has lots of good links and this link discusses mediating controllers
    http://developer.apple.com/document...4.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002974-CH6-SW8

10. littlelingo

littlelingo

Excellent lfrog! Thanks for the additional insight!

Regards,

-- Clint