Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

IAP window - notched devices, black stripes

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Matthewek, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Matthewek

Matthewek

Hello, I am using Unity 2019.1.10f1 with latest Unity IAP imported.

Every time I trigger opening unity's IAP window, on 'notched' devices (with screen safe area, such as Huawei p20) - screen around edges of the phone starts to flicker, sometimes leaving black stripe on the left edge of the phone. Here's sample:

Before opening IAP window: there is no black stripe on the left edge of the phone:

After opening IAP window, there is black stripe on the left edge of the phone, affecting UI and covering part of the screen that was previously visible to the user:

Is there anything I can do ?

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

That is not an IAP window, that is a dialog from your game that you have created.

3. Matthewek

Matthewek

Hello, sorry it is probably slightly misleading because you can see pause window of my game, but is irrelevant. Second screen shows outcome after closing iap window, for some reason today I can not reproduce it today, but here's video showing how does screen behave when opening iap window, if you focus on left edge of the window, you will see additional black screen is flickering, problem is that sometimes it permanently stays there, until I open iap window again to trigger this flickering again.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

The Purchase dialog is a native window, not from Unity. I suspect it is an artifact from your game (we have not heard of similar reports).

5. Matthewek

Matthewek

Disabling 'render outside safe area' in Project Settings -> Resolution and presentation fixed the issue and actually it is safer this way, thank you for your responses.