Search Unity

IAP validation receipts (iOS) marks all transactions valid?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by mvasiliyorsk, Dec 5, 2018.

1. mvasiliyorsk

mvasiliyorsk

Hi! Recently I've set up IAP Validating Receipts system (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPValidatingReceipts.html). Also I set up events to analytics system, which sent me all IAP-transactions with validating receipt status. Today I've checked results of validation and now I'm really confused. I saw that all transactions are valid (according to Unity validating receipts status), but there are some really cheat transactions ID such as "57629347-A7B2-4FCD-9B88-862C08313BA4" (because normal transaction ID contains only digits) with expensive IAPs which were not sold according to Apple Store report.

The implemantion of IAP Validating Receipts system is the same as in docs. Also I use the last version of IAP - 1.20.1. Unity version is 2017.1.4p2. So my question - how is this possible? How can cheat transactions pass receipt validation?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@mvasiliyorsk Please provide more information so that we can investigate. Receipt validation is not 100% reliable. And to understand your issue, you are saying that in ProcessPurchase, you are seeing validated receipts but no corresponding sale in your Apple reports? Do you have expensive IAP products, or are you seeing inflated purchase amounts. Please open a support ticket and share your testing process so that we can reproduce here https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support.

3. mvasiliyorsk

mvasiliyorsk

@JeffDUnity3D yes, exactly. Receipt validation gives valid state for all receipts at all, including cheat expensive IAPs which dont have corresponding sale in Apple reports. Ok, I'll make a support ticket a little bit later.