Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

IAP Suggestions: Selling images and music in my game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by giggioz, May 14, 2019.

1. giggioz

giggioz

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a sort of gamebook with Unity.
    In the story, there are some cool images and there is a piece of nice background music too (developed by team artists).

I'm implementing an In-App-Purchase system now to allow the players/readers to unlock the full story.

I was wondering if it could be a good idea to create a small shop where to sell hi-res images of the story and the full track of the background music.
    That kind of assets is (I think?) very welcomed by the gamebook lovers (which are quite different from typical gamers, if this statement has any meaning :p)
    I could also think to attach to the asset a certificate to make the purchase experience tastier.

On the other side, I don't remember any game selling this kind of stuff...

What is your opinion on this subject?
    Do you think it is a good idea?
    If I would ever go for this route, do you have any improvements/suggestions to give?

Thanks!

2. xVergilx

xVergilx

If those assets are your own creation, then I don't think there's anything stopping you.

It could work out. Just don't make it the only source of income, because it will not appeal every player.

3. giggioz

giggioz

Thanks for replying, of course, the assets are mine.
    My main source of income will be the full version of the story, this would be just a nice additional touch.
    What I wanted to know is what do you guys think about it and if you have any tips to share.