Search Unity

IAP restore option stopped working.

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Woj_Gabel_FertileSky, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Hi!

We are using this plugin for handling payments in our games.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10987

Recently the restore option has stopped working in our games that uses this plugin and the restore function.

Does anyone have similar problems? Did blackberry made an update to the payment service, making the plugin obsolete?

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Im in the process of adding IAP also using same plugin, its been 2 years since update of plugin and on first go i got some weird instability on passport, so they basically dont give a ****

3. Gerold_Meisinger

Gerold_Meisinger

Use the Reign BB10 extension. We are commercial BB10 developers and so far we have made only the best experience with Reign. Very recommended!

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes I have bought this plugin, I re-add it, but the issue was when on a non BlackBerry build I got errors..when I tried month ago..I got one project for multiple mobile platforms, let me try again now..

EDIT: Just tried latest version, seems to be okay, no red error.
    I will try this out and report if I get issue.

5. Wadjey

Wadjey

6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Maybe for a BlackBerry lone project..
    This plugin BB10: Unified gives me more errors than I can be bothered to debug.
    Firstly the update system not work, lots of padding to it
    Second its not been tested to see how it acts when project is non BlackBerry, I imported plugin and before I can even use it and code for it, try to build my iOS settings first get Red errors coming from the plugin.

Not saying that the Plugin don't work, just need to be more compatible with rest of users project.

I just hoped Prime31 would release something but BlackBerry does not want do business with them.

7. Wadjey

Wadjey

I'm currently using this plugin (version 142) in all my projects (iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone) and I haven't encountred any problem with it, try to contact the developer zezba9000, he's very resonsive.

8. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

I am using this option now. Have the same restore problem. It does not work. The restore callback returns false. But the purchase option does work.

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Do you know if its something BlackBerry have done?

10. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Looking at that right now.
    I also tried the reign plugin. The restore option in it does not work in test mode builded locally and in draft mode downloaded from bb world. The restore does not work even on the IAPDemo.cs items that came with the plugin. Should it not work in test mode? Or is this a bug?
    There is no option where I can make the restore work.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  11. Wadjey

Wadjey

Restore option is working for me without any problem (The trick is that you need your app to be in the BlackBerry AppWorld (even in draft mode), and the IAP item also, then download your app from AppWorld (you can add yourself as a tester) and you'll be able to test IAP in real conditions), about the IAPDemo.cs contact the developer and he will help you.

12. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Hi! I have the game in draft mode. I am downloading it through development mode in blackberry world. I also have a user added as a tester.

This problem appeared not long ago, in existing games, so I know it was working.
    It still does not work :)

13. Wadjey

Wadjey

Try to contact the developer of the plugin, he's very friendly guy, he resolved many issues for me in the past and also he added many feature I've requested :)