Search Unity

IAP for Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Beniamino, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Beniamino

Beniamino

Hi all...lately I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to get In-App Purchases working in Unity, and specifically for Android devices. I've tried Soomla and some other plugins and have watched tutorials but I cannot get anything to work. I know some tutorials are outdated, so which would you recommend I watch/read as of now? I have just used free plugins so far but am willing to try a paid one if it will save me a lot of time.

2. mh114

mh114

Unity IAP is coming in 5.3 (at least in beta, I think), I'd wait for that one. :)

liortal likes this.
  3. Beniamino

Beniamino

Thanks much. Looks like that is slated to come out in December. I might as well work on everything else until then and if I finish before that's out I can look for another option.

4. liortal

liortal

We are working with Android Native (and iOS Native, for iOS). This handles most of the IAP stuff we need (we have a thin layer on top of these 2, just to abstract all the IAP operations in the game, so we can work with a cross-platform API).

BTW this cross-platform API is already offered (i think) in the latest version of these plugins (called Ultimate Mobile), haven't used it myself though, but may be worth checking out.

Lastly, Unity is going to offer a built-in API (as was mentioned) starting with 5.3 so it may be worth waiting a little until it comes out.

5. idurvesh

idurvesh

We are implementing soomla in our upcoming game, its exccelent

I will encourage you to give this plugin one more try..

Soomla is great community with wide range of support from IAP to Level Up,social media platforms with one line code work for ios ,android and wp etc...

if you have any questions feel free to ask on their forums (highly active)

to learn from examples check out their official knowledge site http://know.soom.la/

6. Baroni

Baroni

If you don't want to interact with billing API's directly, have a look at our Simple IAP System. It is built on top of billing plugins so you don't have to touch them at all. Just create your products in the editor and let it initialize the rest for you. We also have a separate version for SOOMLA - and will support Unity IAP as soon as it comes out, of course.

/advertising off

7. Beniamino

Beniamino

Thank you Baroni. You have very good reviews on your product. $30 is reasonable. If I need help with it is there good support?

8. Baroni

Baroni

I'm basically here 24/7 :) You can contact me with pm's, via email, on our forum or Unity thread.

idurvesh likes this.