Search Unity

IAP Errors in Cloud Build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by _Keith, Oct 25, 2019.

1. _Keith

_Keith

I've been posting about this in the IAP forums, but apparently this is an issue with Unity Cloud Build.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/iap-erros-in-unity-2019-2-9f.759533/

Whenever I try to cloud build, I get this error:

[Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type: member:(null) signature:

I'm using the latest versions of Unity and all the Plugins, I've also wiped out everything except my Assets folder, and still get the error.

iluhin-pro likes this.
  2. iluhin-pro

iluhin-pro

Same error in all 2019.2.* in UCB. In Editor - no problems

_Keith likes this.
  3. _Keith

_Keith

iluhin-pro likes this.
  4. _Keith

_Keith

I'm following several threads, but haven't seen any response yet regarding Unity Cloud Build IAP Problems in 2019.x.

If I do a "Clean Build", the error only appears once in the logs, but if I do a regular "Build" it appears twice.

I'm hoping this will be fixed in Unity Cloud Build when the 2019.10.x support is added.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    iluhin-pro likes this.
  5. _Keith

_Keith

Upgraded from Unity 2019.2.10f1 to 2019.2.11f1 and made sure all my packages were upgraded, pushed it to Unity Cloud Build configured to "Always Use Latest 2019." and it built with "2019_2_11f1".

Still getting the same error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type: member:(null) signature:
    2. [Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type: member:(null) signature:
    Is anyone able to use UCB to build a project with the Unity IAP Package?

I'm probably going to give up and try reverting back down to 2018.x as I've been trying to resolved this issue for over 2 months now, and have tried everything I can think of on my end.

6. iluhin-pro

iluhin-pro

Same problem man.. no one of my projects under 2019 can't use IAP in UCB =\ I don't know how to be..

_Keith likes this.
  7. juiced12

juiced12

Same issue for me when using UCB and Unity 2019.2.11f1.

I'm using IAP 1.22 from the package manager which is 2019.2 verfied.

_Keith likes this.
  8. juiced12

juiced12

@_Keith I've downgraded my project to 2019.2.2f1 and tried UCB configured to build with 2019.2.2f1 and then again to build with 2019.2.11f1. Both have been unsuccessful.

This was still using the IAP 1.22 package from the package manager

_Keith likes this.
  9. juiced12

juiced12

This is driving me crazy, My builds are building successfully, but this error still keeps appearing, and it is preventing my IAP from working.

I've tried creating a new project in 2019.3b and copying over my assets directly and then manually updating my project settings and packages via package manager and the same error occurred again.

I've also tried to revert back to 2018 LTS but there was that many issues that I couldn't manually do it.

Dont know what steps to really take next

_Keith likes this.
  10. _Keith

_Keith

I'm still getting this error in Unity Cloud Build, using Unity 2019.2.12f1, the latest version of Unity IAP plugin, and Unity Cloud Build version Unity 2019.2.11f1 (*.12f1 isn't available yet).

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

juiced12 and iluhin-pro like this.
  11. juiced12

juiced12

I'm getting the same error aswell Kieth. Nothing changed with updating my project to 2019.12f1

12. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hey,

Seems strange that this would only be present on Cloud Build. I believe this may occur when using a Unity version different to what is used for local development. The error is thrown before the UI package from 2019.2 is compiled and should be safe to ignore.

Can you please set Cloud Build to use the EXACT version that you are using locally and confirm if the error message is still present? If so, please log a Support ticket via the Cloud Build section of the Developer Dashboard so that we can take a deeper look into it.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please try IAP 1.23.1 which is available now.

14. iluhin-pro

iluhin-pro

IAP 1.23.1, Unity 2019.2.12f1, Cloud Build
    2909: [Unity] Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    2910: [Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
    2911: [Unity] (Filename: ./Runtime/Mono/MonoAttributeHelpers.cpp Line: 372)
    2912: [Unity] Unloading broken assembly Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime
    2913: [Unity] (Filename: ./Runtime/Mono/MonoManager.cpp Line: 1236

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What version of Unity are you using? Does it build locally?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  16. iluhin-pro

iluhin-pro

IAP 1.23.1, Unity 2019.2.12f1, Cloud Build, target: iOS. Local build does not give any errors

17. iluhin-pro

iluhin-pro

Guys, help out, please. Customers are indignant

18. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hey @iluhin-pro, Sorry for the delayed response. If you are still experiencing issues, please can you log a ticket via the Cloud Build section of the Developer Dashboard so that we can take a deeper dive into this.

19. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I was just able to reproduce locally on my Mac with Unity 2019.2.11f1. If you are not using Codeless IAP, you can bypass the error by deleting the IAPDemo scene and IAPDemo.cs from the project.

Garth and Sghwarzengold like this.
  20. unity_3pitNnNA4bCWBA

unity_3pitNnNA4bCWBA

This issue is happening for us only on Cloud Build, Unity 2019.2.18f1, IAP 1.23.1.

Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
    Unloading broken assembly Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

Was there ever any resolution for it?

21. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please see my previous post https://forum.unity.com/threads/iap-errors-in-cloud-build.766796/#post-5275644

Sghwarzengold likes this.
  22. grimjim

grimjim

Hey, we still have an issue with it

[Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

Only with UCB using version 2019.3.1f1 building locally on mac works fine. Purchasing version is 1.23.1 and I tried deleting the IAPDemo scene and IAPDemo.cs still the same.

23. Banky

Banky

same issue here with 2019.3.1f5, any updates on this issue please??

24. JamesA24

JamesA24

Hey @JeffDunity and @ollieblanks,

This issue persists with Unity 2019.3.5f as well. I've made another post about it. But to give further details.

+ Removing the Demo files does not fix the issue.
    + I have tried using the specific version of unity for cloud build that i'm working in.
    + The error appears in editor if I close the editor, delete my library, then reopen my editor. But it does not lead me to what caused the issue.
    + I've tried doing "Reimport All", and removing, and reimporting packages one by one, but this did not address the problem.
    + My project was previously on 2019.1.14 and I upgraded it to 2019.3.5 recently.
    + My IAP Package is 1.23.1

This issue is quite dire, and work related. I've been at this for nearly a week. From looking deeper into the issue, it appears this is popping up more and more as people upgrade. Any other suggestions?

25. JamesA24

JamesA24

Update to this issue. I have found that the issue comes from the Stores.dll. Removing it and existing scripts that rely on it can remove the problem. However my own working project needs access to the Stores.dll.

Anyone have an idea as to how I can work around this?

26. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hi Jeff,

I've just setup my first cloud build and encountered this very issue...

8: [Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

This project runs fine in the editor (no warnings, errors) and builds Win32 and WinUWP locally without any issues.

Build details are as follows...

Unity: 2019.2.21f1
    Target: Android
    Strict Mode: Yes
    Build System: Gradle
    IAP Version: 2.0.6
    Codeless IAP: No

I've spent all day trying to find a solution (re-install packages\plugins, delete IAPDemo etc) but to no avail.

Are there any further developments on this issue please?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  27. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Thank you for the detailed report. I will be looking at this at high priority, and will keep this thread updated.

PeachyPixels likes this.
  28. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Many thanks Jeff :)

If there's anything else you need from me, please just ask.

29. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hi Jeff,

Just adding some extra detail...

I am also experiencing a secondary issue with Ads, detailed here...

https://forum.unity.com/threads/manual-ads-initialisation-an-editor-only-feature.859192/

Attached is also a grab of all packages currently installed in the project.

FWIW... IAP was added around 12 months ago and initially it was in Unity 2018 and using the toggle on the services tab. I had a number of issues when switching to 2019 and using IAP via the Package Manager instead.

Even though I've removed the package (from the cache) and the IAP plugins, then re-installed, maybe it's created an underlying issue with one of the Unity project files that still exists.

Anyway, don't think it's related but thought it might help.

Attached Files:

30. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

When did you begin to receive the Cloud Build errors? What changed?

31. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Only started using Cloud Build today and the first build failed with the above. My initial release is targeting UWP, so have been doing local builds of those. Android is the next target, so I was trying to get ahead.

PS: Because Ads doesn't support UWP, the above secondary issue didn't manifest itself until the Android build either.

32. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So you don't have any Ads packages or references in this UWP Cloud Build project?

33. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

The Ads & IAP packages are installed in the project.

For the (local) UWP build, Ads is not initialised but IAP is (it's a free game with IAP's via the store)

For the (cloud) Android build, both Ads and IAP are initialised (it's a free ad supported game with optional IAP's via the store)

So until now I've only been building UWP locally, but today I tried the first Android build using the cloud.

Hope that makes sense!

34. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

As a test, would you be able make a cloud build (perhaps as a separate project) without the Ads component, with only IAP? It may be a namespace collision.

35. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Sure, no problem. I'll create a removeads branch then cloud build it and report back.

FWIW I opened the project in Unity this morning and immediately saw this in the console...

Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

But it allows me to clear the error and run the game in the editor.

36. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Issue Tracker for this error can be found here.

I'd like to clarify that this error does not cause a build to fail and can be reproduced within the Editor by deleting your project's Library folder or by upgrading your project to a newer version of Unity, which is why it is so prevalent in Cloud Build logs. Please ignore this message when diagnosing why your build has failed. No adverse effects on the behaviour of the IAP service or the build have been reported.

If you have an unexplained build failure that you would like us to investigate, so that we have all the necessary information to identify and look into your build logs, please log a support ticket via the Cloud Build section of the Developer Dashboard.

Hope this helps!

37. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hi Jeff\Ollie,

An update...

So I created a removeads branch and instead of removing Ads wholesale, decided to remove it piecemeal and see if one particular aspect triggered the error.

So I removed the call to manually initialise Untiy Ads and rebuilt et voila. It works!

I outlined the 'issue' here...

https://forum.unity.com/threads/manual-ads-initialisation-an-editor-only-feature.859192/

That said, I am still seeing this error in the build log...

8: [Unity] Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

But as Ollie stated, it doesn't fail the build. It was the auto initialise that was causing the issue. Hopefully someone can reply to that thread as I'm clearly going to have to remove it and re-test thoroughly.

Hope this helps.

ollieblanks likes this.
  38. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Just checking if you saw the reply here https://forum.unity.com/threads/man...n-an-editor-only-feature.859192/#post-5665450

39. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

I did, thanks Jeff. Just replied.

In my case, what I found confusing was that the first build error to show was the UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton error, so I assumed the build had failed on that.

Turns out even though it's flagged as a build error, it doesn't stop the build. Hence the secondary error, which was actually the real issue all along.

Either way, after 18 months it's good to see the game finally running in it's release state on Android :)

Thanks for the help as always.