Search Unity

IAP download purchases

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Bettston, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Bettston

Bettston

Hi,
    Maybe I have missed something but I cannot see where actual purchased assets are stored and downloaded from. For example the game I want to build would allow entire levels to be purchased and only at that point would the actual configuration and other images, assets etc for that level be downloaded to the players device. That way they only have on their device the assets they have paid for and dont clog their phones with stuff they will never need to look at.

Is that even possible and are there any examples?

THanks

Tony

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The levels would generally already be coded within your game. Then an IAP purchase would unlock these levels. Otherwise, do you currently have a process to download the levels, testing without IAP? Unity IAP does not provide any download or inventory capability.

3. Bettston

Bettston

Hi,
    I am sure that I have seen something in the docs somewhere about using a class that start wwwload or something similar to load up assetpackages but I cannot find again. WE haven't done this yet its part of a project that contain thousands of scenes /levels but the user can choose to load onto his device only the ones interested in.
    Any Ideas

Tony

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. Bettston

Bettston

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please ask in the appropriate forum as mentioned. That link is not for the Unity IAP plugin. Downloading assets is separate from the purchase flow. You will want to trigger such a download with a simple button click for testing to verify that it is working. Once that is working, you can perform the same logic in the ProcessPurchase callback of Unity IAP.