Search Unity

IAP bool UnityEngine.VR.VRSettings.get_enabled() error

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by segant, Mar 8, 2019.

1. segant

segant

I'm using 2019.1.0b6 and I have deleted channel and purchasing folder in plugin folder and reimported.But i get some error on api upgrade
    (Assertion failed on expression: '!performAutorepaint || GetApplication().MayUpdate()'
    UnityEditor.Purchasing.UnityIAPInstaller:Install())

and second error
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager.UpdateDependencyGraph (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] addedAssemblyPaths) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/APIUpdater/APIUpdaterManager.bindings.cs:580)
    UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager.ProcessImportedAssemblies (System.String[] assemblies) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/APIUpdater/APIUpdaterManager.bindings.cs:334)

and in logcat the error is below. This is the first time i implement this package.And i activated my bank account.

2019-03-09 00:33:27.813 28771-28793/? I/Unity: Purchasing product asychronously: '1dollar'

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 48)
    2019-03-09 00:33:27.851 28771-28793/? E/Unity: MissingMethodException: bool UnityEngine.VR.VRSettings.get_enabled()
    at UnityEngine.Purchasing.JSONStore.Purchase (UnityEngine.Purchasing.ProductDefinition product, System.String developerPayload) [0x00129] in <a18489cff0be45b9aab3bc6d0982b532>:0
    at UnityEngine.Purchasing.PurchasingManager.InitiatePurchase (UnityEngine.Purchasing.Product product, System.String developerPayload) [0x0003c] in <e647153c046145fb94ba309b1e626b12>:0
    at UnityEngine.Purchasing.PurchasingManager.InitiatePurchase (UnityEngine.Purchasing.Product product) [0x00000] in <e647153c046145fb94ba309b1e626b12>:0
    at Purchaser.BuyProductID (System.String productId) [0x0003e] in <0b034c2f00744ade85d32195db358732>:0
    at Purchaser.BuyConsumable () [0x00000] in <0b034c2f00744ade85d32195db358732>:0
    at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00011] in <18283f6f53974baab94f3a93a7715e44>:0
    at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00023] in <18283f6f53974baab94f3a93a7715e44>:0
    at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00027] in

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. segant

segant

In today update it crashes every time that i reimport or reinstall. Editor log shows that error
    Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Editor/UnityIAPInstaller.cs Line: 362
    I sent bug report Case 1135234

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

4. segant

segant

First of all i have full access to folder. It is in documents and i'm administrator.
    I tried the instructions in topic which you sent at least 10 times and all of them give error same that
    i wrote in first message (Assertion failed on expression: '!performAutorepaint || GetApplication().MayUpdate()'
    UnityEditor.Purchasing.UnityIAPInstaller:Install())

Here is a video to show

After this part in build version logcat give error when trying to buy
    2019-03-09 00:33:27.813 28771-28793/? I/Unity: Purchasing product asychronously: '1dollar'

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 48)
    2019-03-09 00:33:27.851 28771-28793/? E/Unity: MissingMethodException: bool UnityEngine.VR.VRSettings.get_enabled()
    at UnityEngine.Purchasing.JSONStore.Purchase (UnityEngine.Purchasing.ProductDefinition product, System.String developerPayload) [0x00129] in <a18489cff0be45b9aab3bc6d0982b532>:0
    at UnityEngine.Purchasing.PurchasingManager.InitiatePurchase (UnityEngine.Purchasing.Product product, System.String developerPayload) [0x0003c] in <e647153c046145fb94ba309b1e626b12>:0
    at UnityEngine.Purchasing.PurchasingManager.InitiatePurchase (UnityEngine.Purchasing.Product product) [0x00000] in <e647153c046145fb94ba309b1e626b12>:0
    at Purchaser.BuyProductID (System.String productId) [0x0003e] in <0b034c2f00744ade85d32195db358732>:0
    at Purchaser.BuyConsumable () [0x00000] in <0b034c2f00744ade85d32195db358732>:0
    at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00011] in <18283f6f53974baab94f3a93a7715e44>:0
    at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00023] in <18283f6f53974baab94f3a93a7715e44>:0
    at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00027] in

I tried new project and it doesn't give error so how should i fix my project?
    And what is the problem? Maybe Google Play Services Plugin or Monetization?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Again, try with a brand new, EMPTY project. Your video is not of an empty project. And what did you do differently each of the 10 times where you expected a different result? I would need to know what you tried so as to not waste your time further. Please try opening the Sample project here, the video shows the import process https://forum.unity.com/threads/sample-iap-project.529555/

6. segant

segant

It works in empty project i typed in last message if you read to the end. So i'm asking how can i fix my project

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You will need to find any differences between the two projects. You had answered your own question regarding packages you can try. Something looks to be prohibiting the API updater from running. There can be no compiler errors during the import process, or it will fail. You are getting hundreds.

8. segant

segant

I tried to remove some packages and import but still not working or couldn't find the reason behind this. But without iap i don't get any error in compile. I will try to find the reason

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You have an editor Save All script that I would remove first, I suspect that is the issue. You look to be saving the ConnectSettings.Asset file which would likely be unexpected to our installer and is read to determine the UNITY_PURCHASING directive. Also, instead of "Removing" packages, I would recommend Adding them to an empty project first, and work up that way.

segant likes this.
  10. segant

segant

Ok man i found thanks to you. In preferences, i disabled verify saving assets in general settings and it works now

11. segant

segant

Lol i thought that will work but it only hides error. Still same. Should i open empty project and copy my all things to it? And couldnt new package be released for new api? Because it is the only package that i couldn't get it work. And the most important. I have been trying to solve for 5 days but couldn't do anything because of old api vr to xr code. I don't know why api updater can't handle this. Clicking save all button in empty project doesn't cause any error . I have these in my packages window.
    Analytics Library
    Core RP Library
    In App Purchasing
    Lightweight RP
    Mobile Notifications
    Package Manager UI
    Post Processing
    Shader Graph
    TextMesh Pro
    Unity Timeline

And these are extra packages from asset store or github.
    Play Games Plugin For Unity(Github)
    Monetization(Asset Store)

I think for now i will just work on other things and will wait until exact solution.
    As you see i did what you say in reimporting iap topic in video. Exactly same steps. But i spent enough time and couln't find what is confronting or where is problem.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please elaborate, "hides the error". Are you still getting the VR.VRSettings error? When you import IAP, you must be sure that you don't receive any compile errors during the import.

13. segant

segant

And the error i think is this .I got this only when reimporting all packages except iap(when purchasing and channel folder are deleted)

Assertion failed on expression: '0 == m_CurrentBuiltInBindMask'
    UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object[], String)

I get these errors only importing iap package.

Assertion failed on expression: '!performAutorepaint || GetApplication().MayUpdate()'
    UnityEditor.Purchasing.UnityIAPInstaller:Install()

UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnPreSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:3318)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.DoOnPreSceneGUICallbacks (UnityEngine.Rect cameraRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1919)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2303)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <375bbb845b2b437f959e638c1c4f2e9a>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <375bbb845b2b437f959e638c1c4f2e9a>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <375bbb845b2b437f959e638c1c4f2e9a>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:344)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:338)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:312)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:373)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:340)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:275)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

There can be no compiler errors during the import process or the API update cannot run. Once you delete the Purchasing and Channel folders prior to import, the game must compile first. Then you import IAP. I agree the code sounds like internal Unity code, but unfortunately, without specific steps to reproduce, there isn't any action we can take. Are you running any Editor scripts by chance? Perhaps one other package, along with IAP, is causing the issue. Unfortunately only trial and error might work to determine which one.

15. segant

segant

After i delete purchasing and channel folder there is no error after it compiles Here is compile result after deleting.
    I don't use any script that change editor. Maybe it is 2019.1.0b7 editor scripts that confront idk.

16. segant

segant

After this i click import and the errors appear. I'm from Turkey. Could that affect this? Maybe connection settings or timezone? But it works in empty project Ok i will try one by one adding

17. segant

segant

I think i found the reason is mobile notification package. It happens after that i installed it in empty project. Yeah i'm sure it is. After i deleted it and editor folder that save notification asset no errors occur. Thank you Jeff i should have done this early but i didn't want to deal with :) But you can contact the team who prepares notification package. It's assets in editor folder confront your packages. And notification package gives error when first importing. I will try their packages other versions maybe they won't make problem. If i can find working version of notification package with iap package or i will implement iap package first and after it compiles i will try to add notification package. I will inform you and i'm writing bug report now.
    And these are the errors when importing notification preview.10

UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheets.StyleSelectorHelper.FastLookup (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] table, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] matchedSelectors, UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleMatchingContext context, System.String input, UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheets.SelectorMatchRecord& record) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/StyleSheets/StyleSelectorHelper.cs:206)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheets.StyleSelectorHelper.FindMatches (UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleMatchingContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] matchedSelectors) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/StyleSheets/StyleSelectorHelper.cs:233)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeStyleUpdaterTraversal.TraverseRecursive (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement element, System.Int32 depth) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeStyleUpdater.cs:246)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheets.HierarchyTraversal.Recurse (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement element, System.Int32 depth) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/HierarchyTraversal.cs:24)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeStyleUpdaterTraversal.TraverseRecursive (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement element, System.Int32 depth) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeStyleUpdater.cs:271)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.StyleSheets.HierarchyTraversal.Traverse (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualElement element) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/HierarchyTraversal.cs:11)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeStyleUpdater.ApplyStyles () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeStyleUpdater.cs:123)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeStyleUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeStyleUpdater.cs:106)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:589)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets()
    Unity.Notifications.UnityNotificationEditorManager:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.10/Editor/UnityNotificationEditorManager.cs:275)
    Unity.Notifications.UnityNotificationEditorManager:OnProjectLoaded() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.10/Editor/UnityNotificationEditorManager.cs:255)

and

Assertion failed on expression: '!performAutorepaint || GetApplication().MayUpdate()'
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets()
    Unity.Notifications.UnityNotificationEditorManager:Initialize() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity
    NotificationEditorManager.cs:275)
    Unity.Notifications.UnityNotificationEditorManager:OnProjectLoaded() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.mobile.notifications@1.0.0-preview.10/Editor/UnityNotificationEditorManager.cs:255)

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Glad you found the issue! I will let the team know here too.

19. segant

segant

But i still get MissingMethodException: bool UnityEngine.VR.VRSettings.get_enabled() when trying to buy in logcat.
    I'm really tired :) API Updater Panel doesn't pop-up. I don't know why it doesn't work. I tried to integrate old api code like this.animation.Play() and it could make api updater work but only for that script(I tried on playstore). It doesn't ask me after importing iap to update api.I tried on new project and it doesn't pop up in that too. I have read old topics about this and did whatever the solution they and you said to run api updater but i can't find

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  20. Ivy-SM

Ivy-SM

Same here. The "update API" prompt never shows up and I'm always getting the MissingMethodException when I try to make a purchase. There are no compilation errors. Also tried it in a brand new project, only enabling the In-app purchase service - the problem was still there. I'm using Unity 2019.1b7 btw.
    Any other suggestions how to bypass this exception? Maybe a link to an updated package?

21. segant

segant

I read about it in old topic jeff said that try to full acces your project folder. And i did it. I added everyone to security in folder settings and give it full control. And now i'm started to get the first update error again :) and can't solve it although i removed notification package. Also i couldn't find how to start editor as administrator in unity hub. when you check exe's tick unity hub doesn't start it. I upgraded to b08 still same :). And Jeff would you install b08 and try?

22. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You mean Unity 2019? I would not recommend a beta version at this point as it may still have issues. Please try with Unity 2018.

23. segant

segant

I cannot downgrade the project :)

24. segant

segant

I get this error after deleting purchasing and channel folder if i don't delete Resources folder before them. And i run hub with administrator and i don't get update errors but api updater still doesn't pop up. And if i try iap package from asset store i get update error.

Menu Window/Unity IAP/Android/Target Google Play can't be checked because it doesn't exist

25. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We have not heard of this error. You might need to start with a new project, or revert to a backup, and attempt with a previous version of Unity. I haven't had a chance to check on 2019 yet. Once you remove the folders, you must ensure that there are no compiler errors as mentioned here https://forum.unity.com/threads/iap-troubleshooting-remove-and-reinstall-unity-iap.511747/

26. segant

segant

But api updater doesn't pop-up in empty project too. So creating new project won't be solution.

27. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

28. segant

segant

Yeah but i just didn't recognize that api updater prompt should be shown. I didn't know it has to pop-up. I just tried to say that i don't get error in empty project. So found after that the reason is notification package. After all that one big problem occured. Api-updater doesn't pop-up. I'm trying new version

29. segant

segant

It doesn't pop-up again.(in new project and in my project) I'm giving up on this. I will wait for fix.

30. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using Unity 2018.3? I'm using Unity 2018.3.4f1 here without issue.

31. segant

segant

2019.1.0b8
    Also getting this error again only in asset store import

32. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I just tested on Unity 2019.1.0b8. I installed IAP via the Services window into an empty project. I did NOT get the API Update prompt, I'm glad they fixed that in 2019. I opened the Demo IAP scene and it ran in the Editor without issue. I have not received any errors so far, but I have not tested a build on an Android device yet.

33. segant

segant

Ok waiting for buying attempt

34. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Ok, please keep me posted.

35. segant

segant

I thought that you will try. I tried and it doesn't work.

36. Ivy-SM

Ivy-SM

Ok, I've managed to fix it in Unity 2019.1. Here's how:
    I downloaded an older version of unity (2018.3), started an empty project and installed IAP via the service. I got the API Update prompt and after it finished I copied the folders from the Plugins forlder to my main project. After that I compiled an Android version and made a few purchases without problem.

segant likes this.
  37. segant

segant

Ok I will try this thank you.

38. segant

segant

It works. Thanks dude. You are my hero. Case closed.

39. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I was able to test with Unity 2019 and IAP 1.22 without issue, and initialization worked as expected, and I don't receive the VRSettings error. I did not receive a dialog to update the API. I suspect the issue lies with a specific component that is being used in addition to IAP.

40. mleodev

mleodev

I'm using Unity 2019.1 b8 and I had exactly the same problem described in this thread, I'd solved the issue with the solution that Ivy-SM gaved. Apparently the API Updater doesn't trigger when reinstalling the IAP plugin in Unity 2019.1 beta.

41. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Upon further investigation here, it appears that there is a known issue with Unity 2019 and the API Updater. You need to install it to a location without a space in it, like C:\Unity. We are working on it.

42. wulveagfin

wulveagfin

How do I install to a different location with Unity Hub? I've spent 30 minutes trying to figure this out. From poking through buttons to searching the boards.

I can install Unity Hub to a custom directory (c:\unityhub) . However when I have UnityHub install Unity it uses c program files directory system. I can't find a button or option to change install directory there. I'm not sure Unity has the option to "not use" the hub anymore.

43. wulveagfin

wulveagfin