Search Unity

iAd Banner using Unity code

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by haggis, Oct 31, 2013.

1. haggis

haggis

When testing with the iPhone 5, instead of the iAds banner positioned at the bottom of the screen, it appears to be raised by about 10 pixels. It's fine on the iPad. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

AdPosition.Top works as expected however AdPosition.Bottom looks like this...

See attached screenshot:

$screengrab.jpg

2. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

in 4.3 we totally rewrote iad code, so that should help.
    If my memory serves me right it was due to position miscalculation on our side, so you should simply wait and upgrade

3. arkon

arkon

It this part of Unity 4.3? or is it a plugin?

4. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

it is not only part of unity itself, but we moved all iad code to trampoline (with only glue kept on our side) so you can go totally crazy if you want 8)

5. arkon

arkon

I've just found the docs, I had no idea this had been added to Unity, but there is a big BUT. I release all my stuff to IOS and Android so I can't use the unity one unless they have an equivalent Droid wrapper.

6. haggis

haggis

Thanks Alexey. Will 4.3 be supporting the new features coming to iAds soon?

7. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

oh god, you totally broke my "english language parser" ;-)
    if you meant the release date of 4.3: we have entered RC phase, meaning that unless we found something major it will be soonish

8. haggis

haggis

Apologies Alexey... My question was rather ambiguous.

I was talking with Apple the other week who were telling me about some new features coming to iAs soon. I was wondering if Unity 4.3 would be including these new features such as video and interstitial ads across all devices?

9. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

>>interstitial ads across all devices
    i never heard anything specific, and apple docs still mention they are ipad-only. Though with code being in trampoline you can disable check for ipad and try it out
    the code looks like this now:
    >> video ads
    honestly i didnt care that much about them, as we try to move you from full screen video playback to "proper" video to texture/view.

10. haggis

haggis

Ok thanks. Looking forward to Unity 4.3 :D

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Alexey

To show iads in my game, all I have to do is create a empty game object and attach the script found here to it:http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/ADBannerView.html ? Is there anything I need to set up on my iAds dashboard or in iTunes connect? Because right now no ads are showing on my iPad.

Also with Unity 4.6.1f1, is there still anything I should know about/do to ensure my game doesn't get rejected for iads complications?